//ArrowChat Code
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Kawasaki KLT 250 prairie

--

Kawasaki KLT 250 prairie

Quote Originally Posted by 350for350 View Post
    By ATC200 I assume that you mean an ATC200X. Right?
    Yes, if I can find one cheap enough. The 200x that rode with us is actually a bastardized 200x, he put a 4 speed semi auto electric start four trax 200 motor in it.

It does run extremely well and is the only one currently that doesn’t smoke lol. He has the 200x motor he took out of it but it is completely locked up tight.

If I can come across one cheap enough I’ll try to get one. There are actually 2 Yamaha 175’s near me for $500 and $475 that I’ve been tossing around the idea of snagging one to play on the woods with.

--
    Those 175's are pretty zippy. They're called wheelie monsters.

--
    Here’s a picture of a the trikes together.

Yellow is the YTM 200, red is the bastardized Honda 200x, Black is the Yamaha 225DR(I think) and finally the Kawasaki 250 prairie.

--
    I'm not sure why you're calling the 200X "bastardized". I love my AutoX and it's my favorite trike. I know that they're not for everyone, but they're just fine for me. As for the 225, if it had reverse, it's a DR. Otherwise, it's a DX.

--

Kawasaki KLT 250 prairie

Quote Originally Posted by 350for350 View Post
    I'm not sure why you're calling the 200X "bastardized". I love my AutoX and it's my favorite trike. I know that they're not for everyone, but they're just fine for me. As for the 225, if it had reverse, it's a DR. Otherwise, it's a DX.
    It’s still a 200 but it has a 200 auto out of a 4 wheeler that had to be shimmed and such to work. Wasn’t a direct bolt in, had to be rewired etc. it’s still a 200 though, it does run really good

--
    Still no word on the front brake shoes. I’m about to tell them to cancel and give me store credit to get some somewhere else online.

I’m also not sure if it’s a stretched cable or if my clutches are just slipping, the cable is adjusted as far in as it will go and if I adjust it out to give it a longer let go to move it will slip when I hit the gas but where it’s at currently it does not sip.

I find after sitting over night the clutches will grab when trying to put it into first gear on cold start up.

Not all the time but sometimes. After that first time it’s usually good, sometimes it just goes into gear and doesn’t try to grab at all and you can take right off.

I have found a few places online that offer quite a bit of oem parts so I was figuring on new front brake shoes and cable. New clutch cable and maybe just odds and ends to keep on hand in case I ever need something.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsoluteZer0 View Post
    ...maybe just odds and ends to keep on hand in case I ever need something.
    ^
    This

It makes things go so much smoother in the long run to have parts and things you'll need, on hand. I keep oil and air filters on hand, along with any oil filter I use. Just changed an air filter yesterday that hasn't been changed in a couple years (I write dates and mileage on them), bam, had one on hand.

Spark plugs, light bulbs, typical bearings and seals (spindle bearings on hand for the lawn mower), really, I've got bags of OEM Honda parts that I'll use sometime, but don't know when.

For things that you know are going to be needed for regular maintenance or practical repairs, having it on hand means very little down time. The way shipping is right now and probably will be well into next year, it pays to have things on hand.

I'm not in BFE, but there's not a traffic light within 20 miles of here. There's also very limited stores within driving distance, and things they have in stock are often twice the price versus online. I order the majority of my stuff online, and don't have to burn gas to order a part, just to do it again to pick it up. We're rural enough that going to town takes a big chunk out of the day and cost gas money.
    Last edited by ATC King; 08-19-2020 at 09:21 PM.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsoluteZer0 View Post
    Still no word on the front brake shoes. I’m about to tell them to cancel and give me store credit to get some somewhere else online.

I’m also not sure if it’s a stretched cable or if my clutches are just slipping, the cable is adjusted as far in as it will go and if I adjust it out to give it a longer let go to move it will slip when I hit the gas but where it’s at currently it does not sip.

I find after sitting over night the clutches will grab when trying to put it into first gear on cold start up.

Not all the time but sometimes. After that first time it’s usually good, sometimes it just goes into gear and doesn’t try to grab at all and you can take right off.

I have found a few places online that offer quite a bit of oem parts so I was figuring on new front brake shoes and cable. New clutch cable and maybe just odds and ends to keep on hand in case I ever need something.
    What oil are you using? You could try valvoline 20w-50 v twin oil, and if it still does it, there is something wrong with the clutch plates like they may just need cleaning, but it sounds like there is some type of clutch release problem. You should be able to pull the clutch lever in around 1/8th to 1/4 of the way before it starts to feel firm as it begins to disengage the clutch.

--
    Castrol motorcycle/atv oil.

I honestly think the cable is just stretched out.

--
    Small update. I stopped at the shop to see if they had any word on my front brake shoes and he said we Sven heard anything.

He pulled out a different parts book and called them directly and he said they do have them in stock and he should have them by Monday or Tuesday next week.

Just hope he ordered the right shoes as he kept thinking 4 wheeler when I said KLT 250 prairie.

Just a local owned shop so I’d rather give them my money than a big chain place plus I’m not hurting for front brakes as I still have rear.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //