//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 85 atc 250r rear shock

--
    I've done the just rebuild in shocks. In fact kb5 did one for my kid. I used a crazy clean warrior shock on a blaster for her. Kids just need somthing thst bounces back. Brad had charged me either $79 or $80 I can't remember. He did an 84 kx125 shock for me once in 35 mins for $35 bucks while I waited. Once the shocks are appart I always get new bump stops. I try to give people cleaned shocks already appart to some degree. Normal I'll install springs and everything else. Most people can get away with just a rebuild. I've learned my lesson after riding machines with built suspension still in stock form how much better they handle or dont beat you up. Most of the 80s machines had good shocked you could rebuild and set up better.

Yes most riders can just rebuild a shock. Poster def needs a heavier spring. Most will used dieback springs which yes are sold on Ebay stating weight. He could get away prob around $100 if buying all the parts and doing it himself. Alot of people do not have the mental capacity to take the time. That's why I said for what I know the people I use charge it's a no brainers if you have other things to do. I know what I make an hour and I'd rather fix my house up or play with my kid then say burn 2 hours dicking around. If your laid off then its different story but I have two jobs and a child.

I only posted some prices to give am idea what it costs. We all know the person on ebay bidding on a 35 year old shock thinking it's good. Til you buy another one you can have o e build 100% just for your specs alone.

I had a heck of a time finding a non messed up oem wRrior year shock so I was nearly ready to buy an elka rear, that's when kevin got back to me and said $705 shipped for 3 build shocks if I buy off him. I was fine with giving him the money since warrior front shocks are junk and he had a correct set of works 1st gen fronts I needed.

Peace out.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by thatoneguy View Post
    ironchop would i be able to do that all myself sorry never messed with read shock other then adjusting them
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...250r+adventure

Here's my R build..... Go to posts #135 thru post #145 for the shock body rebuild. I think the reservoir rebuild and a post about forgetting the washer on the rezzy hose, are a couple dozen posts later. I think I filled it with oil a few posts after that even, and covered that procedure as well........ but if you want to know what you might be getting into, start at post #135 and read from there. Plenty of pics of every stage.

Good luck. Sorry about muddying up your thread

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post
    Edit........ Not worth the effort

Original poster......I rebuilt my own and it cost me less than a third of all quotes I got plus shipping both ways.

I'm assuming that since you asked if you could rebuild it yourself, you probably know your way around a toolbox. Instead of assuming you're unskilled and telling you that it's too complicated for you to perform on your own without even knowing if you're handy with mechanical things or not, I'll tell you that in my opinion, it's pretty simple and straightforward
    I just wasnt sure never really messed with shocks didnt know with there qas some special way or tool I would need and by any chance is there and way to figure out what kind of spring I would need all the once I found just kind of give the spring size but no weight capacity

--
    Quote Originally Posted by thatoneguy View Post
    I just wasnt sure never really messed with shocks didnt know with there qas some special way or tool I would need and by any chance is there and way to figure out what kind of spring I would need all the once I found just kind of give the spring size but no weight capacity
    I didn't need any special tools, but I couldn't have refilled the nitrogen in my own shock without a few hundred dollars in equipment, so that part I farmed out for a whopping $5.

Here...... And be sure to read "item description" for ordering the right spring for your weight

https://www.ebay.com/itm/220951407035

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //