//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Aftermarket carb

--

Aftermarket carb

Debating what to do about a carb for the 200x revitalization. I have the original 24mm keihin from the x on my 185s and it's running really well. Would like to leave it on there. I do have the original 22mm for the 185s, minus the bowl and float. The keihins on the Hondas were a proprietary design and I hmm haven't seen yet a carb that mounts to the stock manifold.
    Is there an aftermarket carb that will adapt to the intake on the 200x?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

--
    I ran a XR200 carb, might be able to run a CRF230 carb but never dug into it.

--
    The P.O. of my 200x put on a 22mm Mukuni, it runs good.

MrC.
    mrc_builds on YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmw...confirmation=1

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

mrc_builds saves trikes like Jimmy Swaggart saved souls back in the day -said Patriot1

--
    Quote Originally Posted by agedatc View Post
    Debating what to do about a carb for the 200x revitalization. I have the original 24mm keihin from the x on my 185s and it's running really well. Would like to leave it on there. I do have the original 22mm for the 185s, minus the bowl and float. The keihins on the Hondas were a proprietary design and I hmm haven't seen yet a carb that mounts to the stock manifold.
    Is there an aftermarket carb that will adapt to the intake on the 200x?

Put the 24mm back on the 200x. Find a used vm 22 for the 185 and rebuild it. I could suggest some different carbs but unless you are ready to tune all day then avoid it and just go back oem. You’ll thank me later
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    I had problems trying to get the original carb on my '87 200x cleaned and adjusted properly. I bought one of the crappy Chinese carbs from Fleabay and it works very well. I've had it on there for about 4 years now with no issues. If I recall correctly, it was something like $30.
    1987 Honda 250SX
    1987 Honda 200X

JustEnough is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I bought one of these a few weeks ago and was very impressed with how much better quality that it looked compared to the few other chinese carbs that I had bought. The carb body, on this one, above the bowl looks like it is cast rather than sintered metal and I think that makes a difference in how well it performs. I put it on an old 200M that never ran right and it started up first pull and idled and ran like a brand new ATC. It does not have the bracket or spring for the choke cable, but I transferred them from the old carb and it fits and works great. A lot finer choke adjustments with the cable. I bought two more and I am about to put them on 185's that need them. Since they come with a petcock, $23 shipped with Amazon Prime seems like quite a bargain. The spigot on the petcock aims down, but I think I will learn to like that.

It is marked PZ27 by the bowl seam and JIN WEI on the carb body at the slide area.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Last edited by JustEnough; 07-18-2020 at 12:13 AM.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by JustEnough View Post
    I bought one of these a few weeks ago and was very impressed with how much better quality that it looked compared to the few other chinese carbs that I had bought. The carb body, on this one, above the bowl looks like it is cast rather than sintered metal and I think that makes a difference in how well it performs. I put it on an old 200M that never ran right and it started up first pull and idled and ran like a brand new ATC. It does not have the bracket or spring for the choke cable, but I transferred them from the old carb and it fits and works great. A lot finer choke adjustments with the cable. I bought two more and I am about to put them on 185's that need them. Since they come with a petcock, $23 shipped with Amazon Prime seems like quite a bargain. The spigot on the petcock aims down, but I think I will learn to like that.

It is marked PZ27 by the bowl seam and JIN WEI on the carb body at the slide area.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    23 bucks? Might be worth it for my 185.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //