//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1981 atc200 steering stem bearings & axle swap

--

1981 atc200 steering stem bearings & axle swap

Hi guys,

currently in the process of building a little street 200 which is based of a 1981 atc200 frame, which I bought incomplete. I just bought a front fork with suspension from another 200 and I'm in need of bearings & seals for the steering stem and I would like to know if the 1981 185s kit would fit? Since most of the place I've looked are out of stock, is it also possible to do the tapered roller bearings conversion to standard ball bearings?

Also, I bought an axle from what I believe is an atc200m and it's pretty much exactly the same, is there anything I should take into consideration? Since I'm pretty sure it does fit, even if some people told me it wouldn't.

Lastly, for some reason, the 200 muffler seems to be pretty rare around here and I would like to know if there's a universal exhaust I could use?

Thank you.

--
    According to the All Balls website, the 81 ATC200 and the 81 ATC185S both take the same bearing kit. I'm not positive, but I believe that all of the 185s and 200s take the same kit except for the 200X. I do know that that one is different.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350for350 View Post
    According to the All Balls website, the 81 ATC200 and the 81 ATC185S both take the same bearing kit. I'm not positive, but I believe that all of the 185s and 200s take the same kit except for the 200X. I do know that that one is different.
    Ok good Thank you! Wasn't sure either, one of the site I was on told me it wouldn't fit so I wanted to check, will order them since I got a few parts for my build.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //