//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 200x rear master cylinder

--

200x rear master cylinder

Found this online. Skeptical because it, along with 200x, supposedly applies to wheelers with mechanical brakes?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

--
    china junk-
    u.s. sellers buy them in bulk from china for under $8 bucks or most likely less.(pic found in a quick search)
    Then usually double the price when they sell em on ebay- you just lucked out and found a seller that wants to rob u blind....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	74D62603-52B5-4627-B5A7-B8EA3F0457FF.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	263615
    honestly if i were you try to find a rear master off a honda streetbike thats been parted- but do what u like/
    but i'd stay clear. Yes i learned the hard way on the china stuff.

shep

--
    Ive run them off YFZ450s and YZ400/426. China stuff may work for awhile but its not hard to rebuild them either. Most time when using different master cylinders you will need a longer clevis. I say do it right the 1st time. However having the fluid parts down closer to the brake will free up some much needed space and not melt from head of the exhaust. It might be ok but normaly when cheap you pay 2-3X in the long run.

Dont even ask about those chineese carbs....they are horribly built once you compair

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep1970 View Post
    china junk-
    u.s. sellers buy them in bulk from china for under $8 bucks or most likely less.(pic found in a quick search)
    Then usually double the price when they sell em on ebay- you just lucked out and found a seller that wants to rob u blind....

Name:	74D62603-52B5-4627-B5A7-B8EA3F0457FF.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	263615
    honestly if i were you try to find a rear master off a honda streetbike thats been parted- but do what u like/
    but i'd stay clear. Yes i learned the hard way on the china stuff.

shep
    Thanks shep. If seems too good to be true...

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    Ive run them off YFZ450s and YZ400/426. China stuff may work for awhile but its not hard to rebuild them either. Most time when using different master cylinders you will need a longer clevis. I say do it right the 1st time. However having the fluid parts down closer to the brake will free up some much needed space and not melt from head of the exhaust. It might be ok but normaly when cheap you pay 2-3X in the long run.

Dont even ask about those chineese carbs....they are horribly built once you compair
    In the process of rebuilding brakes. Having a tough time getting pistons freed up. Got the rear master cylinder piston to move down but not up. Got the rear caliper out, thanks to the pin for the parking brake. Looking at getting a tool for the front caliper removal, if I can find one that fits in that small hole in the piston. The good news is that the front brake master is operational.

--
    Just a heads up.... the china brake calipers i have no problems with at all, there cheap and seem to work very well.
    But just so you or anyone else reading this knows theres someone selling front 200x calipers on ebay for like 80-90 bucks each. They are GY6 scooter calipers that anyone can get alot cheaper than his price. (pic) They bolt on your bracket like stock ones, If u shop around u can sometimes find them for $20.
    Fit:83-87 200x front
    i think 83-84 250r too (think there caliper is the same)
    Oh- the brake pads are junk though, just put better pads in or replace em every 10miles if your lucky to get that much.

Name:	AB669C8C-0D59-47D5-B70F-664A816DE923.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	263621
    just trying to save anyone some $

shep
    Last edited by Shep1970; 07-13-2020 at 10:37 PM.

TexFest is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    You can also use a cr80 front brake caliper for the rear also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TPC 450R

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //