//ArrowChat Code

Thread: tubes inside the 250es tires..any luck?

--

tubes inside the 250es tires..any luck?

has anyone had any luck using tubes inside these tires. I keep tearing out the valve stems as the tires are spinning on the rim. It helped to lower down to 1 1/2 lbs but still am tearing the stems out.

--
    You have to get the ones with the locknut to keep that from happening and they cost so much now and its so much trouble i usually just replace the tire.
    Suicide Hill Survivor

The rides:
    1981 ATC110
    1982 ATC185
    1983 ATC185s
    1984 ATC200es
    1985 ATC200x

When the going gets tough, the tough get sideways

--
    I despise tubes, they drive me crazy.

What happens is the tire spins, then the stem rips out. I started using clear silicone on the tire beads and that always keeps them from spinning and prevents leaks with regular tubeless tires.

Because even new tires often have a bead leak (even with a good rim) I just buy a 6$ tube of clear silicone and do both sides, never had an issue since then.

When I was a kid the local Honda mechanic told me to but the soft stems (as stated above) but he told me to fill them up and push them inside the hole, it worked for me when I was 15 years old
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Tubes ruin tubeless wheels.

They create a moisture barrier against the wheel and rust will form until pitting is so bad, the wheel will not seal a tubeless tire again. Next to Fix-A-Flat, tubes are the worst thing that can happen to a tubeless wheel.

I've worked in several tire shops, and for stubborn beads that won't seal, I use a bead sealer, like this...

For general tire sealing, and on-the-fly puncture repair, I've been using Quadboss tire sealant for years.https://quadboss.com/tire-sealant They sell it all the way up to a 55 gallon drum. I buy the gallon size. I've used the other common tire sealants, and Quadboss has them destroyed. I run it in every non highway, tubeless tire. Our lawn mowers never have flats, and I use one of our spare mowers like a brush cutter, running over rows of thorns. I've even had it seal tires with bad beads. Supposedly, it's rebranded Highlifter tire sealant, with a different color, but that's not confirmed.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    I despise tubes, they drive me crazy. What happens is the tire spins, then the stem rips out.
    That and not another word to add to the topic.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //