//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Sparks & Smoke when tried to charge battery-now won't kick start

--

Sparks & Smoke when tried to charge battery-now won't kick start

I have a work in progress 1985 250es. I let it sit for all of 3 weeks and now my cheap amazon battery is dead but i could still kick start it. I tried hooking my trickle charger up to the battery while the battery was still hooked up to the trike. Sparks started going all over the place and it began to smoke. Yes, I had the positive hooked to the positive and negative to negative. The positive is what was sparking so bad and was connected for about 3 seconds before I could snatch it off. Now, no green neutral light and won't kick start. The neutral light comes on for a sec when kick starting but it doesn't want to fire up. The fuse does not look blown but I do plan on replacing it tonight. I'm not sure if the previous owner did any crazy wiring. What else could this have damaged? I have a volt meter but I really don't know what to do with it so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    S.P.
    1985 ATC 250ES BIG RED (work horse)
    1984 ATC200S (play tirke)
    2020 CRF450R
    2020 CRF110

gimmeamidget is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Fuse. Check fuse box.

--
    I replaced the fuse and she cranks now. I had to kick it more than usual but she fired up now and runs like normal. Thanks
    S.P.
    1985 ATC 250ES BIG RED (work horse)
    1984 ATC200S (play tirke)
    2020 CRF450R
    2020 CRF110

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //