//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1985 250R suspension kits?

--

1985 250R suspension kits?

Okay here's the deal my friend has a pretty worked over 250R, it's extremely fast blows the off my 67 h.p. 4 mm Banshee. It's a 370 + cc Rob Selby/ESR blank cylinder/crank engine I believe she dynoed @ 68 horsepower.
    With rider the 250R weighs 534 lbs.
    My Banshee weighs 643 lbs.
    The Banshee is (substantially) heavier...thus the beat down... lol 😄

Anyways he is looking to match his suspension to the power of the bike it is a (plus 6 swing arm ) other than that it is all stock. He weighs in at 220 lbs

He was told Rob did something to the front forks we don't know what it is.. it seems to run really good to me ....goes through the whoops like mad ...but he feels it could use a big improvement.
    Any advice any kits Race Tech excetera or go to guys to get the suspension ' REAR SHOCK REBUILD and setup properly please let me know Thanks guys!
    I need all the help I can get!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by this old rz View Post
    Okay here's the deal my friend has a pretty worked over 250R, it's extremely fast blows the off my 67 h.p. 4 mm Banshee. It's a 370 + cc Rob Selby/ESR blank cylinder/crank engine I believe she dynoed @ 68 horsepower.
    With rider the 250R weighs 534 lbs.
    My Banshee weighs 643 lbs.
    The Banshee is (substantially) heavier...thus the beat down... lol ��

Anyways he is looking to match his suspension to the power of the bike it is a (plus 6 swing arm ) other than that it is all stock. He weighs in at 220 lbs

He was told Rob did something to the front forks we don't know what it is.. it seems to run really good to me ....goes through the whoops like mad ...but he feels it could use a big improvement.
    Any advice any kits Race Tech excetera or go to guys to get the suspension ' REAR SHOCK REBUILD and setup properly please let me know Thanks guys!
    If rob did the front forks he likely welded the pipe seat and re-drilled the holes for better valving. I am not a big fan of the race tech valve emulators. Robs valving works better than what race tech produces. If he’s not satisfied with the front valving have him talk to rob to change up spring rate.

Rob has also done two rear shocks for me. He uses his own shim stack based on rider weight. Personally, I like the ride and I am 6’3” and 280. The other option is to try Evan at Schmidty racing. He’s really good as well.
    Feedback for yaegerb: Click Here

Need something blasted or polished or both? Send me a PM

--
    Thanks! Appreciate your reply!
    I need all the help I can get!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //