//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Ytm 200 rear rack

--

Ytm 200 rear rack

I currently am looking to get a set of rear racks for my 83 200k, but can't find any. Ones I am looking for are ones that don't go through plastic. I see that there is a trailmaster mounting kit on ebay but don't know what will fit. Any help will be appreciated.

Also, I might be in the wrong forum because I am new to the site and still working my way around.

--
    Welcome to the site Mike.

So if I understand correctly your looking for what some call a six pack rack that mounts off the grab bar?

I wasn’t aware that Yamaha ever made one for the YTM, but I think I saw that one on eBay your referring to.

I have no idea if it will fit and I’ve never seen one like it mounted on a YTM, but if all you want is a small rack on the rear it might be cheaper to have one made and welded to your existing grab bar.

--
    I am talking about a full rear rack that can be aftermarket

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike33 View Post
    I am talking about a full rear rack that can be aftermarket
    The only store bought full rack I know of that fits that trike is the Yamaha rack that requires you to drill your plastic.

I build one that doesn’t mount through the plastic, but it’s a one-off and requires me to remove 2 bolts if I want to remove the rear fenders.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DBB440AA-A993-44F0-A4AE-83C52A9C11D1.jpeg 
Views:	15 
Size:	284.8 KB 
ID:	263835

Good luck :

--
    That is sharp!
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--

--
    Sure, as long as it mounts and doesn't go through the plastic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20200803_024146.jpg  

--
    Functionally, a rack like that is going to make it hard to keep the front wheel on the ground. The YTM200 is already light on the front. That is like the ATC185S rear racks, they also sat back far, so the fenders/seat could be removed without messing with anything else. Still the same problem though, too far back. I've got one of the 185S racks, but for functionality sake, don't think I'll put it on anything. Kind of makes getting to the axle carrier to adjust the chain a PITA too.

If you moved this thread to "Trikesylvania", you'll probably get more responses. Maybe "ATV Classifieds," but not much going on in there, better off on Facebook.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ATC King View Post
    That idiot was 45 nine years ago when that was made. He's matured and now and only uses his YTM to pull a trailer and for country road beer runs.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //