//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 3 wheeler hunting

--

3 wheeler hunting

I’m running a 225DX for my hunting rig. I’ve got a back rack and a front rack which are really nice. I think it has plenty of power for a big man (6’7” - 300 lbs). I’m in Michigan so it’s a perfect rig for me with all the flat ground. I have a plastic ice fishing sled set up on the back rack in case I get a deer. It saves me about a mile walk one way in layers to the blind. I can get it into the back of my truck by myself. My question is around out west hunters doing something similar. I’m going back out to Wyoming next year got antelope. I beat up my truck pretty bad getting back to our water holes. The thoughts are to take the 3 wheeler with me this next go. I’m a new rider and have some concerns traversing up and down hill. Anyone done what I want to do?

--
    I haven’t done exactly that. I dragged a small 4-point last year about 100 yards to the house with a 200 big red-no problem. But I’m about 120 lbs lighter.
    Now, I put this 250 quad thru the paces. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6135D366-B2D1-4631-9E0B-CF5EB55EAA71.jpeg 
Views:	6 
Size:	591.0 KB 
ID:	263878
    Got about 300 lbs there I went 20 miles up and down 1000ft. Although it’s underpowered, It did not skip a beat but handling it was a chore. I think the quads handle the weight better.
    One other mention about towing a plastic snow sled on bare ground. I’ve done that and ruined it.

--
    I think you'll be fine as long as you don't try to climb any really steep hills. I would recommend giving it a try for sure. I haven't gone deer hunting for several years, but I did use my 1980 ATC185 to haul out my last one.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	212.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	263879This was my "monster". I'm hoping to have an u[dated picture with my 250ES this winter. I've also used a quad to drag out several deer. The wildest one was with an older guy. He had a handicapped license so he got to hunt before the regular firearms season started. He shot a doe about a half mile from the road. I walked back to get the quad while he waited there. We were in his 1986 Bronco with a small trailer hauling my quad behind it. I rode back, tied the doe behind the quad. He and I piled on it and we rode back to his Bronco. After we got back, he discovered that he had locked his keys inside it along with my cell phone. We threw the doe onto the trailer, hooked the trailer onto the back of my quad, both got back onto it, and I took us all about 7 miles back to his house. On the way, I ran out of gas and had to switch over to reserve, but made it to his house. Then we got his spare keys and climbed into my truck and went back to get his Bronco. Boy, did his wife ever give us hell for that one.

--
    I’ve used mine to drop it somewhere and hunt to it. It makes for a quicker trip back to the truck where the beer is stashed in a cooler full of ice.
    Trikes owned:
    83 Honda 200x "Liquid X"
    81 DG 250r : Sold

--
    Great story 350! Would like to see more trikes with game on them.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //