//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 86 250r breather tube

--

86 250r breather tube

Hi Guys
    Just looking for the correct route for the breather tubes on my 86 250r.
    The breather tube after exiting the crankcase goes into a T piece, one of these hoses goes down under the bike, I was wondering where the other one goes ? Does it also go down under the bike or does it connect somewhere? I had a look at a 85 250r but it only has the one tube which exits under the bike. I don’t remember ever disconnecting this tube when I removed my rear shock. Any help will be appreciated,
    Thanks Greg

--
    After the “T”, the lower hose is routed (same routing as carburetor overflow hoses) through the hose guide on the rear engine/swingarm mount, then down through the holes in the frame where the “Pro-Link” bolts to the frame. The upper hose is routed up by the airbox’s left, forward mount.
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

--
    Thanks Red Rider,
    Good to know that’s it’s not meant to be connected anywhere and it’s location. Mine was against the exhaust pipe and looked like trouble.
    Thanks again Aussie Greg

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Greg View Post
    Thanks Red Rider,
    Good to know that’s it’s not meant to be connected anywhere and it’s location. Mine was against the exhaust pipe and looked like trouble.
    Thanks again Aussie Greg
    You’re quite welcome. I should add, that the upper breather tube is routed up and over the left, forward, airbox mount. And, after it goes over the airbox mount, the last 1” of tubing points downward.
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //