//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Replacment carb is smaller, do I need to rejet?

--

Question Replacment carb is smaller, do I need to rejet?

I've tried a couple replacement 30mm carburetors for my 83 250R but have not had much luck so far.

The next one I have to try is a PWK30. It arrived today but I wont be able to try it until the weekend.

My main concern is that the carb itself is physically smaller than the original one (float bowl, slide and body) It is still a round slide but has more of a gate door looking thing rather than the originals round cylinder style slide)

Will I still be able to run stock jetting for a 83R with the smaller carburetor? Does the size of the float bowl matter?

Any help would be appreciated.

Here is the carb I am hoping will work.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	278.8 KB 
ID:	263981
    1984 Honda 250R
    1985 ATC 250SX
    1985 Tri-Z 250
    1983 Honda 250R
    1986 Honda 350X
    1983 Yamaha Tri-Moto 175
    1983 Honda Big Red 200

1981 Honda ATC 110

--
    You're just going to have to put it on and find out. At least that carb has main jet access through the bowl.

When you change anything on or in the engine that is very likely going to require rejetting, it gets too expensive to buy a bucket of jets.

If you don't have a jet drill kit and a basic soldering kit, you should look into those. Both pay for their selves very quickly. If I didn't drill and solder jets, I'd have a drawer full of jets sizes I don't use. With just a few jets, you can drill, solder, then drill again, until you get in the ball park, then buy just the jets you need.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //