//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 1985 Honda Atc 200m

BarnBoy is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    I'll second this by saying you can't go wrong with any Shindy product. Made in Japan same as OEM.
    1984 HONDA ATC200M - OG, mid-restoration
    1981 HONDA ATC200 - future build
    1981 HONDA ATC185S - parts
    1984 ATC200X - roller, future build
    1984 Honda ATC250r - in a million pieces- ISO grab bar, PM if you have one

Da velder

--
    I think for now I’m just gonna see how it runs once I get the front tire on. It sound good at idle and reving. Just barely giving gas it kind of sputters but comes out of it.

Might do one more clean on the jets and such to see how it goes. Maybe there’s still a little piece of dirt clogging a jet but it sounds good.

I picked up some 8A fuses from work since I couldn’t find a 7a fuse. For some reason either the fuse blew or they didn’t have another to put in or just didn’t care to but they had the wire spades slid together so I want to take care of that before it burns something up.

--
    So I’ve found someone parting out a 200s even though he’s telling me he only had the exhaust after asking if I needed any other parts....

My question is this:does the 200s and 200m have the exact same exhaust? Like they run the same way no different bends etc?

He said he wanted $50 bucks for al of it but I only need the muffler. Figure I’ll have a spare header if it’s the same.

--
    They are not the same.

Anytime you have those type of questions, you can find the answers on retail OE websites, like Partzilla, Bikebandit, and Babbits.

The 200M uses the same muffler, which runs outside of the frame, as the 200E and 200ES Big Reds. The 200S muffler runs inside the frame and exits above the rear axle carrier.

If I was planning on keeping a trike for a long while, I'd just buy one of the new mufflers available and be done with it. Even a nice looking OEM muffler may still not be too far away from getting rust holes in it.

This is one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/MBRP-Black-...4AAOSwAmNfL89L
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dkp437137_1967e393e6d4bd002fe5323a6d6f1342bf143cbd.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	5.9 KB 
ID:	264139
    Last edited by ATC King; 08-27-2020 at 11:53 PM.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    That’s really all I need is the muffler. Just not looking to break the bank on one.

The 200m I have looks like the header runs along the engine then ducks behind the frame right before the rear fender then comes back out along the side.

I assumed the 200s had the same setup.

--
    I'm fairly certain that the 200S has the muffler in the middle of the frame like the 185S does.

--
    I think it does, I had him send a picture of it. May still end up getting it and making it work.

I have a couple different mufflers but the mid pipe piece is really all I need to get it out along side the frame after looking everything over.

--
    Congrats, the 200m is a great bike, it is my favorite hardtail, good front end and electric start, lighter than the big red versions.
    MrC

This is my smokey Joe bike I built up this spring. still one of the funnest bikes to date.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20200208_172030.jpg   20200322_104909.jpg  
    mrc_builds on YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmw...confirmation=1

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

mrc_builds saves trikes like Jimmy Swaggart saved souls back in the day -said Patriot1

--
    Quote Originally Posted by MrConcdid View Post
    Congrats, the 200m is a great bike, it is my favorite hardtail, good front end and electric start, lighter than the big red versions.
    MrC

This is my smokey Joe bike I built up this spring. still one of the funnest bikes to date.
    I just finished popping a tire on for the front I got off my brother in law. Going grab a bite to eat then put it back on and take it for a spin.

Just a bear claw but it holds air. Just been itching to get a good tire on it the front so I can at least take it for a quick spin to see what else I may need.

--
    Honda for sure handles better than the kaw but the kaw just feels nice lol. It is a better woods toy than the kaw I will say that.

It is gonna need a carb rebuild, idle and wide open it runs great, trying to hold it and putt around it cuts in and out.

--
    You've got the bug now.

I see your M has been blessed by Carlisle. When you show up to the Trail, it'll know you're a Pro.

I'm stuck with the same dilemma on my YTM . Good tread on the tires, but tires I'd rather not have, and not willing to spend more $$ at this point to replace them.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    One of the first things that I try to do to a new to me trike is to replace the Trail Pros.

--
    I don't know your skill level so take my advise for what it is
    I have had great success with caltric carbs on ebay out of 25 carbs used this year 1 was a bummer out of the box.
    For 14$ you cant beat it. A shindy kit is nice, but its $30 plus labor, there can still be casting wear that the kit wont fix. So I don't, I have a box full of original carbs I have pulled off. One day I will lay them out and sell the lot.
    Mufflers, can you weld? if so Tractor supply has a nice $29 muffler fits nice if you can weld it to the main pipe.I also weld a heavy duty washer over the exit, that restricts it by half.

"Cole, Tires is what wins races" you have about 40lbs of tires on that poor bike. I know there not fancy but I really like the knobby Ocelot tire for $55 on amazon, there very light weight and hold up very well, My point is get some weight off that bike, it will handle and perform better all round. The tires on the Kawi are the type of tire I am suggesting, that may be why it rides so good, there softer, flex more and weight half as much.

Headlight, get a L.E.D. replacement light, there cheap and super bright, you have a strong charging system on that bike, it will work plug and play.

As for a seat look on ebay, but I have had very good luck posting a want ad on the various facebook 3 wheeler specific forums. I have bought 2 different seats in the last few months for less than $50 each. shipping varies from 25 to 45 so far.

MrC.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20200827_183448.jpg   20200806_211349.jpg  
    mrc_builds on YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmw...confirmation=1

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

mrc_builds saves trikes like Jimmy Swaggart saved souls back in the day -said Patriot1

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ATC King View Post
    You've got the bug now.

I see your M has been blessed by Carlisle. When you show up to the Trail, it'll know you're a Pro.

I'm stuck with the same dilemma on my YTM . Good tread on the tires, but tires I'd rather not have, and not willing to spend more $$ at this point to replace them.
    I believe they are actually kendas on the back. They actually feel pretty good on the trails, got some give to them.

--

1985 Honda Atc 200m

Quote Originally Posted by MrConcdid View Post
    I don't know your skill level so take my advise for what it is
    I have had great success with caltric carbs on ebay out of 25 carbs used this year 1 was a bummer out of the box.
    For 14$ you cant beat it. A shindy kit is nice, but its $30 plus labor, there can still be casting wear that the kit wont fix. So I don't, I have a box full of original carbs I have pulled off. One day I will lay them out and sell the lot.
    Mufflers, can you weld? if so Tractor supply has a nice $29 muffler fits nice if you can weld it to the main pipe.I also weld a heavy duty washer over the exit, that restricts it by half.

"Cole, Tires is what wins races" you have about 40lbs of tires on that poor bike. I know there not fancy but I really like the knobby Ocelot tire for $55 on amazon, there very light weight and hold up very well, My point is get some weight off that bike, it will handle and perform better all round. The tires on the Kawi are the type of tire I am suggesting, that may be why it rides so good, there softer, flex more and weight half as much.

Headlight, get a L.E.D. replacement light, there cheap and super bright, you have a strong charging system on that bike, it will work plug and play.

As for a seat look on ebay, but I have had very good luck posting a want ad on the various facebook 3 wheeler specific forums. I have bought 2 different seats in the last few months for less than $50 each. shipping varies from 25 to 45 so far.

MrC.
    Yeah the front tire is super heavy, the backs are a kenda from what I recall at the moment, they do have some decent give to them(not sure how old they are but no dry rot).

Do you have a link to the eBay carb in question? That muffler is the perfect size, I would just need to find a mid pipe to put on as mine stops where the factory one is supposed to slip on.

My plan was to try and make a 200x muffler work (it’s already been cut and welded once on the back end) or I have an aluminum shorty off of a Suzuki 250r I was contemplating making work(looks like a factory muffler) that actually would fit pretty good but I would need more pipe to bring it back farther.

I also need to get on bike bandit and order some brakes and maybe a front cable.

As for the seat I actually do have the seat, foam isn’t too horrible. Just wanting to find a cheap cover to put on and it’ll be good to go. I was thinking about just going to rural king and picking up a small LED light bar a friend of mine uses on his 200x that’s ridiculously bright.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //