//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 1980 Honda atc 110 no spark at all

--
    I have a voltage meter. What should I be checking and what is normal range? Please and thank you

--
    Bump please

--
    What is the purpose of a spark advancer? Should it be opening and closing as it spins? Which way does it go in?

--
    A few months back a customer brought me a 1980 1110. After finding a coil for it (it was missing) i couldnt get it to spark. Then looked for spark across the points without the coil and condenser wired in. Saw spark jump across the points and knew that my coil was bad. Try that. Points ignition systems are very simple to trouble shoot, especially on a single cylinder engine.
    Currently : trx400fw, ct70, 250es,200x, xl80s, 350x, 350x, 225DX, trx300

--
    Oh nice that’s a great tip! I’ll give that a shot! Thank you ! Anything like that helps me narrow the search

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerlifter123 View Post
    Trying to add pics. If it doesn’t work can some one pm me there email that can help me?
    I exploded the pic of your point's.. They are open when they should be closed and your timing is way off..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	points.jpeg 
Views:	12 
Size:	2.94 MB 
ID:	264190
    90 nickolson Bored and Stroked "The Good"

Big Bore 110 Pauter frame "The Bad"

90 Bored and Stroked “vey’s frame” "The Ugly"

110 JSC frame Bored and Stroked
    flat track build. “Shop trike”

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    That was a random pic. I believe I have timed it correctly now. The point just starts to open slightly with the magneto T lined up to the line. Then it opens to the correct gap. Is this correct then? With the T lined up to line. The cam (pointy part) is pointing to the from of the bike.

--
    Sounds correct yes. The pic caught me off guard.
    If you still don’t have spark recheck the wiring. A good percentage of the points motors we work on is a wiring issue.
    90 nickolson Bored and Stroked "The Good"

Big Bore 110 Pauter frame "The Bad"

90 Bored and Stroked “vey’s frame” "The Ugly"

110 JSC frame Bored and Stroked
    flat track build. “Shop trike”

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    Ok thank you. How come all you atc lovers are in the states?? Lol none of that around here in bc canada

lardog is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Did anyone notice the wire connection on the points ? I looks to be grounded out . Re connect the wire under the washer on the right of the fiber washer , see if this helps.

--
    Where should the fibre washers be? Bolt,point,fibre washer, wire, fibre washer , washer, lock washer ,nut? I just copied how it was on before with the old one

lardog is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    The wire is touching the the points , re connect it between the flat washer and fibre washer on the right side , the side with the nut.

--
    Ok thank you very much I’ll do that tonight. I’m learning, I had no idea that would make a difference. Why would it though? Won’t the current still travel the same way?

--
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7E519688-3E9A-4D85-A6B0-0B937DC10CB8.jpeg 
Views:	13 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	264214

Like this

--
    It’s ALIVE!!!!!! Thanks to everyone who helped a to try and get his 110 running! Appreciate it very much.
    I put an add on Craigslist and I brought my bike to a hobby mechanic that works on motocross bike and atvs. Diagnosed it with multi meter working forward from the stator. Stator was good so that’s awesome. Was losing power at the ignition coil somehow. Took home a while to figure it out. But we’re the ignition coil was plugged in previously was the WRONG plug in. I assumed it was right because that’s how I bought it. Oh well. So ignition coil is plugged in to the double connector coming from the stator side.

Runs now. Revs super high and I tried dialing it in to idle smooth where it should but it won’t. Smoke everywhere from the exhaust and no kill switch cause I cut it. So I had to pull the two gas lines and let it run dry lol. Will try and use original killswitch and run it down frame to ignition coil area tucked away. The front light and rear light both work too. So I’m happy happy guy right now

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //