//ArrowChat Code

Thread: The dreaded ATC110

--

The dreaded ATC110

Alright, joined the site hoping that it’s not dead like half the other sites. I picked up a 1983 atc 110. Motor wasn’t bad but was worn out. I pulled it out and ordered a piranha 140 engine. Now it seems like the majority of people do this In the atc70 but I havnt seen the 110 pop up much. I assume it’s still fairly similar? Here are parts purchased so far,
    DWT 4x110 aluminum rear rims
    400ex/450r hubs
    Piranha 140 engine with carb/wiring(TBoltUSA)

Looks aside, I know I will need clutch cable and handle, most likely new throttle cable, tires of course. Anyone done this on here? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    I'm starting a similar project. Any progress?

--
    Rear engine mount adapter kit for DRATV (listed for ct 90/110) and I believe the intake mounting spacer that clocks the carb away from the frame. Be careful with stock 110 frames, they were never meant for that power and torque. They break with stock engines in them. I've seen where guys that have put in a 140 or larger engine in the 110 frame gusseted the hell out of it to keep it from bending/breaking.

--
    There's a guy up here in the Seattle area trying to sell a couple of worn-out 90's for $500... one of which is a Joker tube frame. That would probably do the job!
    I may be old, but I still enjoy the feeling
    of the earth rotating beneath my wheels

--
    hand onto the worn 110 motor. if its just low compression, rings and lapping valves is real cheap and easy to do. jim
    81 185s
    82 185s with 85 200s motor
    suspended 185s
    85 atc70
    1984 200s
    85 350x 3rd owner
    and a 72 ct70

projects coming along

85 200s
    81 suspended 185s (can't believe I came across 2)
    1982? 185s

--
    I would second bracing the frame. We broke frames when we were younger with stock motors beating them around.
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    If that Piranha 140 engine doesn't have the front cylinder head frame mount, you can expect a broken frame even sooner.

I think a large amount of the broken 110 frames are from loose engine mount bolts. Many of them I've seen have oval shaped holes in the frame mounts, especially the front one, from being ran loose so long. That stamped steel frame uses the engine as a stressed member and if the bolts are loose or missing, everything flexes more than it should.

Overall, the stock 110 frame is just not suited for high performance, or aggressive adult riders.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //