//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1984 125M clutch issue

--

1984 125M clutch issue

Just tore my clutch apart due to it slipping badly. Found 2 out of 3 friction plates had little to no material on them. Replaced friction plates and put back together. Adjusted clutch per Honda shop manual specs. Started machine up and put it in gear and it stalled. I am able to get it in gear and get going with a little bit of throttle but it seems that the centrifugal part is not working now. If I stop it stalls. Machine is now responsive so the original issue is fixed but now there is a new one. Anybody have any ideas on what has happened?

BarnBoy is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Did you get all the springs put back in their proper places? And did you check and make sure that the assembly spun free before installing?
    1984 HONDA ATC200M - OG, mid-restoration
    1981 HONDA ATC200 - future build
    1981 HONDA ATC185S - parts
    1984 ATC200X - roller, future build
    1984 Honda ATC250r - in a million pieces- ISO grab bar, PM if you have one

Da velder

--
    Seems like you reassembled something wrong or you somehow locked up your centrifugal clutch.

Take it apart, follow the book. Nuts too tight or a missing washer can do these things...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Took it apart and found that the springs were not correct. Thanks for the help!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //