//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Carburetor problems 200x

--

Carburetor problems 200x

Hey guys, I'm new here and I see a lot of you know what youbare talking about. I have an 85 200x. I have a .50 over bore and I was wondering if I need different jets in my carburetor. If so, what size and where can I find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Tia,
    Donny

--
    If it ran fine before, and all you (or someone else) did was to put a .5mm oversize piston in it, then most likely not. You're not really gaining much displacement with a .5mm bore. It's basically a stock rebuild. If you changed the intake or exhaust at the same time, then you will have to rejet.

--
    Thanks for the info. One more question. Should my kicker go strait down toward the ground or stop parralle with the bottom of the bike? I cannot start it with the kicker. My other trike goes strait to the ground and it cranks on first or second kick.

--
    I'm pretty certain that the kicker should go down past the bottom of the trike. I didn't have mine as a 200X for very long before turning it into an AutoX so I don't remember for sure.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350for350 View Post
    I'm pretty certain that the kicker should go down past the bottom of the trike. I didn't have mine as a 200X for very long before turning it into an AutoX so I don't remember for sure.
    Thanks bud. I thought so to but wasnt 100% sure

--
    The 83 - 85 200X had a sever issue with the kicker gears and spring. There were 3 kits made, I've bought a few and flipped them over the years but rarely see them now. I'd get 300$ for a kit.

Because the 200X uses a gear to turn another gear, then spin the motor, it's always been an odd feeling kicker. It just doesn't feel very solid. If your's is skipping or missing rotation, you have to pull the motor, top end, split the case and replace the gears (some guys back cut them) and stretch, shim it or replace the spring that places pressure on the ratchet gear...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //