//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Midwest Trike Fest

--

--
    I just remembered I'm anti social and don't like people. Guess I forgot to be 2020 depressed last night.
    Last edited by ATC King; 09-29-2020 at 11:19 AM.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Sounds like a good time king. Wish I were closer. I’ll be tenting soon, by myself,-35 mile, old growth canyon. Nothing but me and whatever I stumble across. That’s my kinda time anyway.
    About your tooth, you want it pulled so it doesn’t get worse? How much more is it than medicines?
    Tooth aches do suck, get well!!

--
    Y'all have some beautiful county in Idaho and more public OHV land than we do here.

I'm against root canals and crowns, because they always fail at some point. That's a lot of money down the drain and usually a ruined dinner when it come out while eating.

I'm more inclined to look into implants as the price comes down.

--
    Man I want to be there. But I also have a mountain of stuff to get done around the home and shop. And weekends are my most productive times...........................
    My feedback: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-ATC-Eric

Survivor! TF: 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13 Sandpuppies: 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 16, 17, 18 Imperial Invasion 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

Everything Big Bore on FaceBook

--
    Yeah, got stuff to do here to and this tooth problem has kept me from doing any of it. Yesterday was pretty much spent at the dentist office. This thing has been keeping me awake since last Friday, so I didn't get squat done over the weekend either.

I've literally got a box of parts for several of my machines. Stator for the XL600R, fork rebuild parts for the XR650L, some work left to put the 200M forks on my 200ES. A little solar kit to install on my pickup for keeping the battery charged and running a ventilation fan to keep the interior cooler when sitting during the summer.

I did manage to put the new tires on the 185S and new fork boots, and paint the other wheel so it matches the one I painted black a couple months ago. I've got several sets of OE wheels I'm in the process of refinishing, but many of them are so rusted, they probably won't seal a tubeless tire without copious amounts of bead sealer. I've got several spare rear axles (with severely worn splines, not really usable) I'm thinking about using to build a couple trailers with, so that's what the wheels will go on. If I have to put tubes in them, it's no big deal, and I've got a stack of used tires that'll probably need tubes anyway. Just hate to throw anything with potential use away and we really need some smaller trailers here, to tow behind the riding mowers, and none of those tiny tire carts either. Something with balloon tires because there are places that hold water and will easily get ruts if using wheelbarrow size tires on a trailer.

I've got drawers full of repainted parts, several frames and engines, and I'm about to the point I'm going to start putting them together. I've got good plastics for another 185S, but that's going to be a big expense on putting another 200ES together. I'll just bite the bullet and buy some new Maiers for it. I've even considered putting a roller 185S together and using one of those new Chinese engines with E-start. I'd rather it have an auto clutch, but the manual clutch isn't a deal killer. I've go one fairly janky 185 frame that I'm considering putting a rear swinger on.

I HAVE to get out for a small vacation though. I've been sticking around home, trying to save money and get caught up on vehicle repairs. I'm about at my breaking point and getting a little too nutty. I'll probably cut some more brush this week and have a nice fire to drink some beers by. That's been my biggest relaxation all year and I still have plenty of brush and downed trees to cut.
    Last edited by ATC King; 09-29-2020 at 02:33 PM.

--
    I don't have a clue about this event, but if I show up, I hope to meet some cool people. I do hope there are adequate showers so I won't be smelling my own funk. I am accustomed to not bathing for a week, but that's typically only acceptable when with a group of other smelly hippies. Ball sweat has it's own aroma and mix that with taint swipe, it's not something that'll get the womenz.

--
    I'm still on antibiotics to get the swelling down for the tooth, but I'm going. I'm still up right now, ran out of beer and am on whiskey so the tooth stops hurting and I can sleep. Hope to get there before dark tomorrow.

Thinking about taking the mini chopper trike. I rode it today and about my pants as usual since I crashed it last time I rode it. Want to sell it to anyone adventurous enough to ride a death trap. Crashed it is an understatement, I was launched into a world of hurt at 1mph.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ATC King View Post
    I'm still on antibiotics to get the swelling down for the tooth, but I'm going. I'm still up right now, ran out of beer and am on whiskey so the tooth stops hurting and I can sleep. Hope to get there before dark tomorrow.

Thinking about taking the mini chopper trike. I rode it today and about my pants as usual since I crashed it last time I rode it. Want to sell it to anyone adventurous enough to ride a death trap. Crashed it is an understatement, I was launched into a world of hurt at 1mph.
    Safe travels, Clint. Hope your tooth stops hurting

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post
    Safe travels, Clint. Hope your tooth stops hurting

Thank you. I made it back last night.

The antibiotic the dentist prescribed knocked out the pain and swelling, but I had diarrhea all weekend in return. No free lunch.

I'm happy to report, no accidents, on or off the trike.

Pictures will be posted...maybe later today.

A PSA for anyone reading though. Be careful while traveling by roadway right now.

Although there will probably be fewer miles driven for 2020, traffic fatalities appear to be increasing. There has been much less traffic enforcement this year and as a result, there is less law and order on the roads. People are driving faster and more reckless. It hasn't been on the MSM much, by the early numbers for 2020 traffic fatalities per miles driven is looking bad.

On the way there, I passed by several crashes, and on the way back, at night, the two lane highway I was traveling was blocked because of a major one. All highway traffic was detoured around the crash onto about 2.5 miles of narrow gravel road, except for any big trucks, they just had to sit. People who don't use or didn't grow up on narrow gravel roads don't understand, narrow gravel road etiquette which caused a very slow an chaotic detour, leaving one car in the ditch. Then traffic traveling in the same direction as me, upon reaching pavement gain, immediately began speeding and tailgating AFTER just having to detour around a crash at night.

Several fresh deer hits on that rural stretch of highway last night too, yet people still speeding. If I hit a deer, I wanted to at least be going slow enough that it possibly wouldn't incapacitate my truck, so I could make it home. I was flat exhausted and didn't want to deal with a busted radiator and being broken down. I left Hooter Holler sometime after 1pm Sunday and got home about 10:30 that night.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (28).jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	264546
    Still shot from my dash camera last night. Notice my speed in the lower left. 55mph speed limit on that road, but I was traveling 50 (which is legal...mind blown), which gave me plenty of time to spot them and reduce speed in case they decided being a deer wasn't all that great. Dash cam, guys, they're getting better and lower cost every year. Not much of a reason not to have one now. I've got one facing the rear too.
    Last edited by ATC King; 10-05-2020 at 12:43 PM.

--
    A couple stills from my drone, but first, a screenshot of the current Google Maps. You'll find that it's out of date and doesn't show the current off road park. I marked the entry road and dragstrip current locations.

Name:	Screenshot (34).jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	301.5 KB 
ID:	264551

Here's the drone video of the park linked on their website (not mine and earlier video showing shorter dragstrip).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bomD...ature=emb_logo

I've not posted a video anywhere, so here are some stills from my drone video I took while there this past weekend.

First is the entrance and where most of the Trike people camped. Dragstrip, kiddie track (?), and main road in view.

Name:	Screenshot (29).jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	391.6 KB 
ID:	264552

Looking up, this view is pretty much full of trails and the pastures and also shows the longer dragstrip. Circle track top right. This is still a working cattle ranch, but they don't give a crap about your trike, bike, quad, buggy, whatever you're operating, so don't try to impress them, they won't be. In all seriousness, be cool around them. We had a place just down the road that tried the same thing and stopped because they felt it was stressing out their cattle.

Name:	Screenshot (31).jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	397.1 KB 
ID:	264553

Next shot is the MX track in the top right, circle track center left. Center, dirt road loop is private, but the trails run right up to it. I felt I may have strayed off course while riding, but there's going to be a fence and gates anywhere to keep you on the trails.

Name:	Screenshot (32).jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	375.5 KB 
ID:	264554

My truck and setup was already in one of the stills, but if you didn't catch it...Hello.

Name:	Screenshot (33).jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	402.2 KB 
ID:	264555

I'm set up at one of the property boundaries, and the entry to some trails starts from there. Anywhere you camp, there's trails. To the top right is what they used for the woods race on Friday, which happened much earlier than I arrived.

The images can mask the topography. This place is by no means flat. If you like steep, rocky, rooty hill climbs, you'll find them here. Search any of the YouTube videos at this place. There's a lot of very tame stuff too. Something for everyone.
    More to come...
    Last edited by ATC King; 10-05-2020 at 08:11 PM.

--
    Friday night when I got there, people were still dragging.

Name:	20201002_214613_HDR.jpg 
Size:	935.4 KB 
ID:	264556

I played a lot of trail solitaire while there, so many of my trail pictures are of my trike, alone. Not that I didn't meet many cool people, just I'm kind of that type of person anyway. I'm drinking alone, right now, yeah, with nobody else...I prefer to be by myself. Play on, man of the bone; bad to.

Overlooking one of the lower fields.

Name:	20201003_155359_HDR.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	264558

Winter's Bone?

Name:	20201003_132940_HDR.jpg 
Size:	2.60 MB 
ID:	264557

Time Warp? Anyone know the lyrics?

Name:	20201003_161133_HDR.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	2.95 MB 
ID:	264559

I'm getting a little teary eyed here. Don't even know the history, but feel it, like a moment frozen in time.

Name:	20201003_161353_HDR.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	2.44 MB 
ID:	264560
    Last edited by ATC King; 10-05-2020 at 09:52 PM.

--
    Some action from the MX track.

Name:	Screenshot (35).jpg 
Size:	337.1 KB 
ID:	264563Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (37).jpg 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	264564Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (38).jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	264565Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (39).jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	264566Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (42).jpg 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	264567Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (43).jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	100.4 KB 
ID:	264568Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (45).jpg 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	264569

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //