//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Old Manco three wheeler.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ntjones View Post
    Also I primed my plastics so now I have to decide on a color.

Some type of metal flake, with gold pin striping. No question.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Another route you could use on getting the target top speed you'd want is to take your cellphone and use any gps based speed app, even like google maps would work if you can hold and look at it. Get the top speed of the unit, let's say for easy math, it's 15mph and you'd be happy with 30mph max, that means you increase the gearing 100% at any point will make the same input rpm end with double the output rpm. Like if you have 12in tires, you could put on 24in tires and have the same effect, same with sprocket gearing on chains and such. The hardest thing to figure out is how fast is the top speed you really want, like gearing it to go 100mph and it will be super gutless on take off, and never reach 100mph because the engine doesn't have enough power for that. If you picked the tires off the ground, the tread would travel at 100mph though =).

--

This is what I got so far. Going to get some paint and some vinyl for the seat this week. After riding it a little bit I decided to leave the gearing alone. Top end is fast enough. There is no suspension so slow and steady for this ruff riding thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ntjones View Post
    Top end is fast enough. There is no suspension so slow and steady for this ruff riding thing.

It's looking good; BTW.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Man some drag bars would look killer on that monster, it has a forward rake to it, I love it.
    Orange with some white decals and a green out line would be so 1970'S

MrC.

You know a simple machine like that could really last forever. Thanks for saving it.
    mrc_builds on YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmw...confirmation=1

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

mrc_builds saves trikes like Jimmy Swaggart saved souls back in the day -said Patriot1

--
    Man, id love one of these. I too have some experience with the predator motors... it would be exceedingly easy to turn this into a 50mph monster.
    1980 Honda 110-125 lifan manual clutch *in progress*

1985 200x - building peice by piece

--
    I decided to paint it red. That was the factory color. The plastic is really pitted so up close it will always look rough but I’ll take some pictures in a few days. The primer says wait 72 hours before top coating. The rear end leaks oil around the gear shift lever so that’s a bummer but it is old so I guess I can’t complain.

--
    Have you thought of using some high build primer, Since your painting it, a couple coats and it would be smooth again, also a chance to repair any broken area's
    I know it would require a lot of sanding, and I hate sanding. But it could be smoooooooooth again.

MrC.
    I Like red.
    Last edited by MrConcdid; 11-19-2020 at 03:52 PM.

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

mrc_builds saves trikes like Jimmy Swaggart saved souls back in the day -said Patriot1

--
    Oh man I didn’t think of any high build primer. I actually didn’t know there was such a thing. I just painted the front fender today because I had primed it a while back. I guess I could prime over the top of that paint though.

--
    Hey ntjones,
    Can you tell me about the spray foam in your shop? open cell? closed cell?
    DIY or did you hire it out, if you don't mind, how much did it cost say per square foot?
    I have a metal building (Carolina Carport) I have had a quote to have it done (ouch), I have considered doing it myself
    with one of the DIY kits if there is a saving to it. My biggest issue is moving everything out, washing the shop down inside.
    I would have to rent a POD for a month at least.
    Any info would be much appreciated.
    MrC.

Yes, High build primer works wonders on pitted metal and plastics. It actually lays down very smooth.

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

--
    Quote Originally Posted by MrConcdid View Post
    Hey ntjones,
    Can you tell me about the spray foam in your shop? open cell? closed cell?
    DIY or did you hire it out, if you don't mind, how much did it cost say per square foot?
    I have a metal building (Carolina Carport) I have had a quote to have it done (ouch), I have considered doing it myself
    with one of the DIY kits if there is a saving to it. My biggest issue is moving everything out, washing the shop down inside.
    I would have to rent a POD for a month at least.
    Any info would be much appreciated.
    MrC.

Yes, High build primer works wonders on pitted metal and plastics. It actually lays down very smooth.
    Yeah mine is closed cell foam. I hired a company to do it. I think my building is a little bigger than 25x25. It was added on to at one time and the size is a little odd I think. It cost me $3600. I was shocked at the quote but I got three estimates and they were all about the same. I’m not for sure but I think the diy kits are really expensive also. If I remember correctly there wasn’t going to be much savings. My building is 2x4 framed with metal on the outside and I didn’t clean anything first. It wasn’t really dirty anyway though. They told me it would bond just fine. I’ve had it done for about 5 years now and I love it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

--
    Closed cell is generally the best and I think it's also the more expensive option. I think hiring out the job vs doing it yourself isn't much difference, the cost is in the materials. Actual Styrofoam board is also quite expensive. Just checked and prices are really low right now for my area, $20.80 per sheet if over 24 bought. My dad paid about that much to insulate his heated floor in his pole barn like 10 years ago and off sale it was like $32/sheet.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Owens-Co...-45W/100320352

To make the math easier, height of the walls, thickness of the foam (if you know), and if the ceiling was done would help compare things. Like my dad's pole barn is 36x52ft if I remember right, with 14ft side walls, but he only bought the insulation for the floor and around the cement slab, I think it was like $1200 and he bought a little bit extra.

--

The day I got it and ......
    Today.

--
    Awesome! Quite the transformation.
    1980 Honda 110-125 lifan manual clutch *in progress*

1985 200x - building peice by piece

--
    Coming along nicely. I like to see these oddball trikes being saved too.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //