//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Update on the Honda 200x auto, having problems with sputtering in mid-high rmps

--

Update on the Honda 200x auto, having problems with sputtering in mid-high rmps

Was curious where I should look first? It idles ok and has some sputters in mid-high rpm. Just replaced the carb and checked spark plug, spark plug had a bit of oil on it and air filter looked clean.
    Thanks for the help

--
    So after some investigation I found a ground wire not connected as well as some wires to the cdi that were just twisted together. Re connected those correctly and I believe it’s running better but it still has the occasional pop/stutter in high rpm, but I was able to get some good pulls in 2nd and 3rd gear. So I’m not sure where to look next to make it run perfect? I’m thinking clean the gas tank since it has a little bit of junk in it. Not sure where else to start since it’s got a new carb, but as I said the spark plug had a bit of oil on the threads so maybe something is going on there.

--
    If you removed the OEM carb for an Ebay carb, I'd rebuild/clean your old carb because you most likely bought a China carb.

I don't see many ground wires making things run better, they will prevent them from running at all sometimes though...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //