//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 350x timing issue?

--

350x timing issue?

I just changed the head on my 350x and I believe I did the timing procedure correct and I adjusted the valves and everything but now I have no compression. Just seeing if there’s something I may have missed to cause this?

--
    Adjust valves at TDC so you know all the valves are closed for sure.

If the rockers are too tight against the valve stems, they will hold the valves open just enough to eliminate your compression

Go to TDC exactly and then set the rockers however much lash (slightly loose) your manual says is required.
    Last edited by ironchop; 09-13-2020 at 01:42 PM.

--
    Also did you inspect the newer head for leaky valve seat?

Valve seats may need cut/lapped or a bent valve is another way to kill compression

Of course if you didn't time it exactly, all your settings for valve lash may be off because the cam is out of time with the crank

--
    I looked it all over everything looked fine and I didn’t see any signs of a bad valve seat. I’m wondering now if maybe the head is warped. The head is off of my old 350 that blew up and it got pretty hot before it blew up so maybe the head is warped. I have a different 350 foreman head that is in even better shape maybe I’ll try that.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //