//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1984 125M low voltage

--

1984 125M low voltage

Recently installed a new battery on my 125m and everything was great for a while. Lately the battery has been going dead. Unhooked the battery and tested voltage from power side to ground side and was only getting around 9 volts. Checked connectors and even pulled side cover with stator off to inspect. Can’t see anything visibly wrong. Any ideas on this? Voltage regulator appears to work correctly. When unhooked the lights do the usual AC power variation based on rpm and when hooked back up they remain constant. Running out of ideas on this one

--
    Have you tested the battery itself to see if it's bad? Leave it unhooked, charge it with a trickle charger, let it sit for a few days, and check it again.

--
    Yea. This was a brand new battery which worked fine for a while and I thought all was good. When it started being weak I completely disconnected the battery and tested the wheelers positive and negative leads and found about 9 volts which explained why the battery was going dead. Prior to this testing I trickle charged the battery multiple times for at least a day at a time. I have no reason at this point to suspect the battery of being faulty. If the wheeler is not putting out around 13 volts, there is no way it will ever charge properly

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //