//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Yamaha YTM Tri Moto (no power)

--

Yamaha YTM Tri Moto (no power)

Hey guys , Need help/ instruction here question electrical isn't my strong suit.
    A friend gave me a Tri Moto he found in a field it's been sitting for many many years could be decades who knows.... 200cc shaft drive with the front and rear racks. I'm not even sure the model it is it's the 200cc electric start with reverse 1985.
    1.) Put new plug-in gapped it
    2.) Poured a couple oz of Marvel Mystery oil into the cylinder let it sit for a day and then gently pulled the pull starter to turn the engine over.
    3.) Drained the old oil (mud) added fresh oil.
    4.) Put a new battery in it.
    HERES MY PROBLEM.... N0 power bike does not energize at all check the fuse that appeared good.. I foiled it just to test it ....still nothing where should I start looking.....I'm trying to fit this in between 4 other vehicle repairs I don't have a lot of time but I sure would be a riot to get this thing going. I still not a hundred percent sure what it is so I don't have a manual figure I would just see if it crank over first but I did not expect it to not power up at all
    Any help appreciated.
    Big time! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16003581177395889578465492492330.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	264343
    Last edited by this old rz; 09-17-2020 at 12:09 PM.
    I need all the help I can get!

--
    Sounds dumb but are you sure it’s in neutral? Best to pick up a multi meter and track down a manual
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder"

--
    I believe that the model would be the 200ERN for the 1985 with reverse. I just gave one of those away a couple of months back. I got it as a package deal with a 1983 185S and a 200X roller. There wasn't enough of it left for me to want to mess with it. If it had been more complete or if it wasn't a one year model, I would have been more likely to at least get it running first.

--
    My second attempt at a reply. Member for 6 years or so, 1st reply. After sitting that long make sure the carb is absolutely sparkling clean and adjusted. In the last 2 days I have dug out a Yamaha 200 that has set for 6 years. Changed oil, filters (oil and air), now taking carb apart and cleaning it. It was a mess, corroded inside and out also the jets were plugged and varnished badly. I saw this in YouTube and it worked great. I bought a large bottle of concentrated lemon juice (for cooking), added water and citric acid powder and white vinegar. A cup of each. Enough to cover the stripped down carb and all parts, even some rubber o-rings attached to the jets. Did not include the float or bowl gasket. Dug out an old Coleman white gas stove. Brought this to a light boil for 20 minutes. After removing I dropped all parts into a clean pail of water to stop the acid reaction with the aluminum. Blew out everything with compressed air. It was like brand new. I avoided the nasty parts cleaner from the parts store that stinks like sh*t. Every thing was totally opened and clean. Will reassemble tomorrow. At least if there are issues it won't be the carb. You can chase down a lot of dead ends when it comes to wiring, stators etc. where I'm like a duck out of feathers but a carb is easy and very basic. I saved the mixture as I can do another few jobs with the same brew. An outdoor stove is best as it is smelly with the varnish and oil in any case. If your single and don't have anyone to answer to using the kitchen then it's your choice. Otherwise....?

After thought. The vinegar and citric acid were my own two cents to the formula. They all work individually as good cleaners, especially on aluminum. Sometimes it takes a bunch of elbow grease but the boiling was the new twist for me. FYI.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //