//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: price of trikes

--

price of trikes

My first post.
    I just became a member,the help on this site has been great and hope I can share.
    About myself-Bought a KLT 200 20 years ago. Took it apart,slacked,then bought another one.Still slacked,a friend
    gave me a KLT 250.
    FINALLY- I got my behind in gear and built Kawzilla ,1983-Kawaski KLT 200C1.She turned out great,need to figure out how to show pics.
    I built this to work,Kawzilla is not body wise period correct,but her mechanicals are.She will be used for ice fishing ,all know the 3 wheeler beats on quad on snow,hands down!

Anyone else notice the price of 3 wheelers has gone thru the roof lately?
    The last 3 weeks finding a major move on the cost.
    Enjoy feedback on this-

6bt is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    It's nuts. It's not just trikes, all toys, atv's, bikes. It's been this way since April or so. I had a beat up 1998 sportsman 500 I threw on marketplace for $1950. Gone in 2 hours for $1900. I already own most of what I want, but won't turn down a pre-covid smokin deal. Original goal was to purchase a Yamaha TDR 250, and wr500 this summer. But also ended up with a wr200, ke250, kt250 and it200.

I'm not done buying, just waiting for deals.
    Part of me has also thought about cashing in and selling the collection as well.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by kawzilla View Post
    My first post.
    I just became a member,the help on this site has been great and hope I can share.
    About myself-Bought a KLT 200 20 years ago. Took it apart,slacked,then bought another one.Still slacked,a friend
    gave me a KLT 250.
    FINALLY- I got my behind in gear and built Kawzilla ,1983-Kawaski KLT 200C1.She turned out great,need to figure out how to show pics.
    I built this to work,Kawzilla is not body wise period correct,but her mechanicals are.She will be used for ice fishing ,all know the 3 wheeler beats on quad on snow,hands down!

Anyone else notice the price of 3 wheelers has gone thru the roof lately?
    The last 3 weeks finding a major move on the cost.
    Enjoy feedback on this-
    Lots of groups out there nowadays. I'm seeing premium prices brought on both gens of 200x, any year atc 70, and especially 3rd gen 250r. There seems to be more than a few guys out there wanting to restore to oem which is driving already high part prices up. Been looking for front brake caliper for 85 200x and am always late to the party.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

--
    In my area everything is around 1500-2000 cheapest, if you want somthing to atleast be all there like seats or fenders. Now nothing is on craigslist really everything is on facebook and i do belive there is some of that " lets looks to see what other people are asking" going on. However Covid did not help anything, or maybe it did. No dealers or used powersport places have anything to sell really. One place that use to say we have over 100 units at all times....well they have about 6. Lastly as much as I do not think this has anything to do with it, I think it might. Trikes have been a thing of the past as atvs replaced them. Well, ATVs are now becoming a thing of the past I feel as SXS's are replacing them. Nothing is fair, but the days of buying somthing blown up for $300-500 are gone. I saw a blown up 1991 YZ125 a kid felt it was worth $1200 since he knew what he had and its vintage....

Come december prices should go down, peoples funemployment will run out and these high dollar askers will need money for christmas. Hopefully. Ive only been lucky to grab 1 machine this year. I tried the other night but the 250SX i went for didnt match the photo, in fact it was all in parts. I left it go but thinking maybe i shouldnt of, but lying to me up front didnt sit.

Just because you see the high price does not mean it goes for that but there are more newer people getting into these sports who dont have old world prices to really go off.

--
    There's probably some people who aren't familiar at all with trikes, but want to jump on the bandwagon and have more money than sense. They overpay and try to pass that gift on, when along comes another person with the same affliction.

Most of this is driving personal profit, for whole machines and parts. It's not causing a huge resurgence in aftermarket support, it's not really spreading the money around to create new businesses or drastically increase profits for existing ones. There are some die-hards who love doing it for a hobby and make small runs of parts and accessories. They typically got into it all when these were still available new and resources were more readily available, as well as potential sales. These people eventually die out and very few are picking up the torch.

There are some group buys for special parts production, but that's not very often and usually takes a good bit of time to put together enough confirmed sales to make it happen. If it happens once, and you miss out, that's the one shot you had.

The OEM parts availability is all but dried up. 200X kicker gears anyone? It's NOS and vintage aftermarket at this point.

Restomod? Modern engines stuffed into old frames? They're only original once.

Maybe it all is driving some market, the conversion market, where modern dirt bikes and quads are turned into trikes. If I had the disposable income, I'd be looking in that direction more than a 30 year old machine with very limited parts availability and having something I'd really not want to beat on for fear of damaging it. Riding off road while having to worry about damage? Yeah, right. Riding a 250R around the yard or the cul-de-sac in a suburban paradise so it doesn't get dirty or hurt because you paid $5,000+ for it...may as well learn to enjoy riding a electric scooter.

I'm just being a sour puss, but anything I have, I'm going to ride the crap out of it. Not abuse it, but there's a good chance it'll get banged up at some point. My body isn't going to be museum quality once I'm done with it, why should anything I own after I'm not able to enjoy it. Livin' La Vida Loca! Take this trike and shove it, it ain't running here no more

Imagine dying and leaving behind a pristine machine you hardly rode...did you actually live?

Tuesday morning and I'm doom glooming. Oh yeah, it's going to be a rainy week (raining outside right now and FedEx just dropped off some new trike tires). Haven't even had my morning Monster yet. Time to kick the tires and...put them on.

Triker for life, or at least until they get too expensive, then I'll buy my first quad. Peace.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Prices have been going up steadily for the last 3-5 years. I used to really blame craigslist, and marketplace. People ask high prices, then someone who either isnt informed on market value, or someone who doesn't care about price comes along and buys it at said price. Now all the sudden there's a new "going rate."

Covid has also had a bad affect on everything outdoors. People have been going out and doing things again lol. RV lots are low on campers, hard to get a lot of outdoor stuff right now.

Anyways I do see prices starting to come back down though. I'm just really happy I'm not just now getting into the sport, and I arguably have "all" the trikes that were on my wish list tucked away in the shop. I'd hate to have to go out and spend 3 grand to buy a mediocre 250r right now.
    My feedback: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-ATC-Eric

Survivor! TF: 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13 Sandpuppies: 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 16, 17, 18 Imperial Invasion 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

Everything Big Bore on FaceBook

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ATC King View Post
    There's probably some people who aren't familiar at all with trikes, but want to jump on the bandwagon and have more money than sense. They overpay and try to pass that gift on, when along comes another person with the same affliction.

Most of this is driving personal profit, for whole machines and parts. It's not causing a huge resurgence in aftermarket support, it's not really spreading the money around to create new businesses or drastically increase profits for existing ones. There are some die-hards who love doing it for a hobby and make small runs of parts and accessories. They typically got into it all when these were still available new and resources were more readily available, as well as potential sales. These people eventually die out and very few are picking up the torch.

There are some group buys for special parts production, but that's not very often and usually takes a good bit of time to put together enough confirmed sales to make it happen. If it happens once, and you miss out, that's the one shot you had.

The OEM parts availability is all but dried up. 200X kicker gears anyone? It's NOS and vintage aftermarket at this point.

Restomod? Modern engines stuffed into old frames? They're only original once.

Maybe it all is driving some market, the conversion market, where modern dirt bikes and quads are turned into trikes. If I had the disposable income, I'd be looking in that direction more than a 30 year old machine with very limited parts availability and having something I'd really not want to beat on for fear of damaging it. Riding off road while having to worry about damage? Yeah, right. Riding a 250R around the yard or the cul-de-sac in a suburban paradise so it doesn't get dirty or hurt because you paid $5,000+ for it...may as well learn to enjoy riding a electric scooter.

I'm just being a sour puss, but anything I have, I'm going to ride the crap out of it. Not abuse it, but there's a good chance it'll get banged up at some point. My body isn't going to be museum quality once I'm done with it, why should anything I own after I'm not able to enjoy it. Livin' La Vida Loca! Take this trike and shove it, it ain't running here no more

Imagine dying and leaving behind a pristine machine you hardly rode...did you actually live?

Tuesday morning and I'm doom glooming. Oh yeah, it's going to be a rainy week (raining outside right now and FedEx just dropped off some new trike tires). Haven't even had my morning Monster yet. Time to kick the tires and...put them on.

Triker for life, or at least until they get too expensive, then I'll buy my first quad. Peace.
    Right on king, a lot of folks are just jumping on the Atc bandwagon overpaying for machines with no idea how to work o. Them as then they soon find out they are in way over their head and pocket book. We only. Buy trikes at a extremely low price to flip them or for maybe desirable parts. There is not a machine out there that we really need or want so we have the patience to hold out until the next deal comes along. We just picked up a Pauter frame, another parts trike, a turbo wheel and some other goodies from a guy we tried to give sound advise to years ago. We warned him to slow down because he would be in way over his head and pocketbook. Well that day came last weekend and he made us a great deal on this stuff taking a loss I’m sure. FB is the driving factor on this in my opinion.
    90 nickolson Bored and Stroked "The Good"

Big Bore 110 Pauter frame "The Bad"

90 Bored and Stroked “vey’s frame” "The Ugly"

110 JSC frame Bored and Stroked
    flat track build. “Shop trike”

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    I have noticed the asking price on three wheelers here in Oregon has at least doubled and tripled recently. I bought my small collection of trikes just four plus years ago and was able to get them for cheap. I peruse CL now and can't believe what people are asking. I don't know what they are actually selling for though.

--
    This man knows something about it lol. Here is an example of what is also, NOT known. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AE7599DF-A574-46EF-BF09-6146B2336E71.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	103.0 KB 
ID:	264396
    There is a part there I have never seen on a 200, though.

--
    roach.......Typical post now days I see on facebook everyday.

--
    Jd110, I recently had someone tell me about a 250 Big Red for sale. I was shown a picture and it was a '83 200E or '84 ES. It wasn't a good picture.

That's pretty much par for the course anymore.
    Last edited by ATC King; 09-23-2020 at 12:11 PM.

--
    I know you guys are smart. What I see in the add is that we would know more about that trike than the seller. I’m half tempted to see what I could get it for. Negotiations are key to these. It’s missing a few more items than he claims. Plus, all it supposedly needs is coil and gas-that’s easy to bring to find out.
    The pendulum can swing both ways, too. I’ve bought non-runners for $50-$200. Even had a couple given to me with others I bought. With that said $500 kinda seems high.

--
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2C7A3343-769B-45D7-89D7-0DB7C16C29C2.jpeg 
Views:	4 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	264407This pretty much sums it up.
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd110 View Post
    I’m half tempted to see what I could get it for. Negotiations are key to these.
    Alright. The seller is so lazy they won't spend a few bucks on a cheap coil and a half gallon of gas to get it running so they can sell it for a couple hundred more. The real give away is they're baiting the hook with BS and don't have a clue what's wrong with it.

It's been sitting there how long as a Mickey mouse whore house? Now it just needs 'TLC but nothing big.' The only thing rare is the seller knows how to post the picture without it being sideways or upside down.

Arky-X is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Interesting thing about fB is there are always 10 people telling someone that they are crazy for what they are asking......but it sells.
    Gotta find the guys that part them out that are in it as a business......they usually don't add to the price for nostalgia. It's just parts to them.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //