//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1977 atc90 coil wiring?

--

1977 atc90 coil wiring?

The wiring diagram for a 1977 honda atc90 shows 2 wires and a spark plug wire. The coil on mine a nippon denso 029700 has 3 wires and a spark plug wire. It has 1 bk wire
    It has 1 DG w/ white band around it
    It has 1 DG

Where does the dg w/white band go?

--
    OK, on a US90 it shows a DGw/white tube goes to ground

--
    This might be a better diagram to see what the wiring does. It's a bit of a confusing design since black and green gets connected together, however the two green wires in the harness does not connect together.

https://atvmanual.com/honda/atc90/wiring-diagram

Basically, the green with white tube is the ground wire which grounds to the frame at the ignition coil. The other green wire goes to the condensor AND "hot" wire for the coil. The double bullet connector connects the normal green wire and black wire from the harness. The black wire is the power wire from the stator, and the green wire with out the white tubing comes from the points

Hopefully that makes sense and I got everything right, it's a bit late here.

Also note the Clymer/Haynes diagram on this site labels the green wire as "DG", every Honda wire diagram I've seen labels it just green. Not sure why they wouldn't make their diagrams line up with the OEM diagrams.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //