//ArrowChat Code

Thread: sloppy 350x kick starter

--

sloppy 350x kick starter

Is there any way to take the slop out of a kick starter so it stays in the stored position? Thanks.

--
    Many views but 0 responses that's unusual for this forum. Not a dig at the members here either just surprised. Anyway.....

I dug into it and found the problem and i'm sure it's due to age and use, the hole the retaining ball and sit in is oblonged so the little ball has wiggle room. This allows the kick starter leg to move out of the stored position enough to get in the way/ be a nuisance.
    I just put a little epoxy in that area and we'll see if it lasts. If not a little spot weld and a file should do the trick, I just don't have the ability to do that currently.

--
    Never had one apart. That’s good to know. I promise there’s answers here...

--
    Yeah I;m sure there are answers usually they are quick.
    Anyway update, The jb weld didn't hold in place when I went to put little spring and ball back in socket. The JB weld solidified but just came out so I was able to insert the new JB weld shim in the hole along with the ball and reassemble the whole thing. Once all together there is no chance for it to come out so I put back on trike and it works no more slop, kick starter stays in the stored position.
    If this loosens up again I will go the spot weld and file route for permanent fix.

--
    I pulled the spring and ball out of mine and took a pair of pliers and stretched the spring out a bit to put more pressure against the ball. Been fine for years now.
    YAMAHA 450 HYBRID
    85 350X- RED
    85 350x -BLACK
    86 350x-WHITE (with Goki)
    85 250r
    83 atc 70
    84 atc 70
    84 atc 110
    09 yfz 450
    2006 Arctic Cat Prowler
    RZR XP 900

--
    I thought about doing that and may in the future if the shim breaks apart. I wasn't sure if that would create enough friction to hold in place even though the ball has/ had lateral movement due to the walllowed out wear spot. All good for now. And I learned a little more as a result.

Thanks for the replies didn't mean to sound like a .

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //