//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tri-z clutch covers

--
    Any updates on the covers? Hope all is ok with your work still. I have two Tri-Z motors waiting for clutch covers. Hope this comes to be a salvation for the Tri-Z`s we all love.

--
    It's kind of a long messed up story that ends with me most likely not being able to make the parts at the shop I work at.
    Time for plan B! I paid my truck off last week, and another loan next month. My hope is to be able to get financed for a used 3 axis cnc mill by the end of summer. I already have a building with 3 phase lined up. I have a lot of time into my clutch cover project so far, and I would really like to personally see it through. If I can't get my own cnc set up and running by the end of the year, I will try to find someone else in the trike community that can pull it off. I have the c.a.d. model and set-up plates saved on two thumb drives. I also have the program posted out and ready to run in g-code format for Haas cnc's on both drives.

--
    Good luck and I hope you can pull off a shop. Triz parts is what got my shop going. I do a little of it here and there but there just isn't enough demand to keep the doors open doing just vintage trike parts. I worked two jobs for quite awhile tell my shop started to take off. You'll hate machining by the time your done with it haha.

If you decided to end the project let me know. I could ponder the idea of doing it..... The biggest reason I didn't tackle the covers is time. Time for R&D, Time to machine and time to test. Youll have a solid weekend in just making the first one. And then finding someone to put some serious hours on it before making the leap to bigger production numbers.
    1985 tri-z pretty much stock

--

clutch boss

hi i need a clutch boss. does anyone know where i can get one? its for a 1985.5 tri-z 250
    Last edited by Thelenster; 04-03-2021 at 08:37 PM. Reason: forgot to put the year of the bike

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelenster View Post
    hi i need a clutch boss. does anyone know where i can get one? its for a 1985.5 tri-z 250
    Check eBay. I believe the YZ250 used the same part from 83 to 87 as did the 490 and many of the IT’s. All the Tri-Z years and colors used the same clutch.

There is an NOS cover on eBay auction right now.
    It sucks to get old

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //