//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 82 Honda ATC 200 Starting issue

--

82 Honda ATC 200 Starting issue

Need some help. My Honda 200e has set up since July and I just tried to start it and nothing happens. Not a click or sound. Checked the wiring harness and made sure all was connected properly. Tested battery and it tested ok. What should I do next? The wiring harness was just replaced and has a new start/kill switch. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

--
    Does it have gasoline in it?
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Did the engine turn over after you replaced the harness and switch?

Have you tried jumping your solenoid?

--
    Yes on the gas. Yea it ran and worked fine after I changed the harness out. How do I jump the solenoid?

--
    Ok I used a screwdriver to jump the solenoid. It tried to turn over. So should I go ahead and try a new switch now?

--
    If its just the start button that's easy to take apart and clean, just pull out the bottom screw and remove the start button from the bottom of the left handlebar control. Then try jumpering the wires in that and see if it cranks, if it does its probably just a dirty start switch, i take them apart and clean them with a brass brush, a little de-oxit spray, and then some dielectric grease and put it back.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    1984 Honda ATC200ES "Big Red"
    1982 ATC200E "Hondie"
    1988 TRX300FW "Project Quad" Still in progress....

--
    Dielectric grease all the connections as well. I also believe its a dirty connection though.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //