//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1984 Yamaha Trimoto 200 help!

--

1984 Yamaha Trimoto 200 help!

I bought a 1984 Yamaha Trimoto 200. The seller said it had a new top end. It starts but puts out black smoke. The carb is some no name Chinese junk. The timing looks correct, when the flywheel T mark is lined up with the mark the cam gear is also lined up with the mark on the head. Does anyone know where I can buy a decent used carb to rebuild?

--
    You might be better off measuring the carb and trying to get a real deal of that same size. I’ve had a lot of the Chinese carbs and they’re usually good for a couple tanks then something happens, could be anything.

--
    If you're on Facebook (and I sure don't blame you if you're not) try joining the "Yamaha Three Wheeler Group". There's a bunch of knowledgable guys with extra parts on there.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350for350 View Post
    If you're on Facebook (and I sure don't blame you if you're not) try joining the "Yamaha Three Wheeler Group". There's a bunch of knowledgable guys with extra parts on there.
    Im not on facebook. Too much political stuff

--
    Im trying to find a genuine Mikuni VM22 but the style that fits the trike arent available. I tried to find a flange mount but everyone says out of stock. I was hoping to find a decent one off a parted out trike so I could rebuild it but it seems like the same issue I had with a YT125, nobody has them

--
    You may be able to change intake to the rubber boot type and use the common VM22. It's a simple style of intake and there are various configurations available new, but I can't name you one right off my head, I'd have to search the internet too.

There's all kinds of stuff out there, but it'll make the price higher. If you have to run a Mikuni and can't find the flange styles in stock.

I went with a cheap Chinese carb, but the jetting was way off, so I spent an additional $15 for jets, after I done some main jet resizing with tiny drill bits to get it in the ballpark.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ATC King View Post
    You may be able to change intake to the rubber boot type and use the common VM22. It's a simple style of intake and there are various configurations available new, but I can't name you one right off my head, I'd have to search the internet too.

There's all kinds of stuff out there, but it'll make the price higher. If you have to run a Mikuni and can't find the flange styles in stock.

I went with a cheap Chinese carb, but the jetting was way off, so I spent an additional $15 for jets, after I done some main jet resizing with tiny drill bits to get it in the ballpark.
    I have an intake for the flange style but cant find the genuine mikuni vm22-133 anywhere. I was hoping someone knew where to find one or had a rebuildable one laying around.

--
    Will a VM24 work? If so what size jets would I use

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //