//ArrowChat Code

Thread: '85 125M value

BarnBoy is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --

'85 125M value

I've got a little 1985 125M I bought this past spring. She fires up and idles great. Timing chain makes some noise, havent felt like messing with it as I dont ride it enough. Electric start works but no battery, wiring has been modified. No brakes, fenders held together with zip ties.

I did put a new clutch in it though, as well as a new shifter detent arm, and new front wheel bearings. It shifts good high and low, and that little boss on the inside of the case is still intact.

I'm thinking about selling it to fund more projects, I have no idea what its worth. Anyone have a realistic idea on value?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201006_170213.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	264600
    1984 HONDA ATC200M - OG, mid-restoration
    1981 HONDA ATC200 - future build
    1981 HONDA ATC185S - parts
    1984 ATC200X - roller, future build
    1984 Honda ATC250r - in a million pieces- ISO grab bar, PM if you have one

Da velder

--
    Realistically, and this is just my opinion, but not a lot being a 125. They are cheap as chips and everywhere it seems like, i see them all the time for $300-500 and the top end of that range is in pretty darn good condition without a whole lot needed mechanically. If its really mint i have seen them do $1k where i live. With no battery, modified wiring, no brakes, and stitched fenders, again this is just my opinion, i would be around $300 if i was offering to buy it. And thats only if tires are good, engine isn't smoking, etc. Timing chain noise means doing a top end rebuild on it, so that really eats into its value as well. I'm not trying to beat you down here, i'm just giving you my opinion as someone that has bought and sold a lot of ATC's over the years.

Who knows though, the current market on them is crazy! List it for $900 so you have some wiggle room to haggle and if someone offers $600 you can laugh all the way to the bank! LOL
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    1984 Honda ATC200ES "Big Red"
    1982 ATC200E "Hondie"
    1988 TRX300FW "Project Quad" Still in progress....

--
    One tire has a slow leak, rest are good. Engine does burn some oil. I appreciate your opinion, not beating me down at all. Thats why I asked

But yeah nowadays people are asking prices for them that 2 yrs ago would have been laughed at. Well, we're still laughing at them but people are actually paying it lol. I'll list it up and see what kind of offers I get. Again thx for the response.

Da velder

--
    Its a really good market for them right now! I listed my 90 just to see what i would get for nibbles on it, i just got another 200 this year and the kids are growing out of the 90. I had a few tire kickers but no solid offers. The buyers really want the larger models, 185,200,250. But thats just the market in my area, might be completely different for you.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    1984 Honda ATC200ES "Big Red"
    1982 ATC200E "Hondie"
    1988 TRX300FW "Project Quad" Still in progress....

--
    I've had it up for 2 days @ $600 and zero bites. Only like 70 views also. So, imma drop the price to $500 and let it sit a while. I think that's still high, but I'm just trying to feel the market. Id likely take anything over $300 for it.

I tend to agree that folks want the upright models more here too. Theres not that many 3 wheelers for sale around here per say, but I've learned that there must be hundreds rotting in peoples backyards, barns, etc. Ive found 3 by simply getting my name out there and never paid over $75 for any of them. Of course, only hardtails. Its harder to find suspension bikes or sport models around here. Kinda a rural, more utility focused area.

Da velder

--
    Update for anyone curious, tree branch fell on it in the ice storm and ruined my "mint" plastics lol. Sold for $250, dude was cool, talked 3 wheelers for 2 hrs, and got me a lead on some cool parts. Hopefully his kids have a blast on that thing...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201027_171813.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	2.15 MB 
ID:	265006

Da velder

--
    Tree: Oh snap!

Y'all sure got hit hard early. Hopefully there's not going to be a repeat of that later this winter.

It's kind of crazy those don't command much more than a 110, considering they're electric start.

The 110 I picked up recently hasn't cost me more than the initial price and fuel to get it. Everything else I've been able to fix with parts and products I already had, which didn't take much. A little wiring repair because of mice and all the lights are working. I did buy some fuel tank sealer, but I found a partial can after ordering the new one, so the new one isn't going to be opened for this trike. Point is, I've got so little money into it, I may as well just keep it with the sale prices being low like they are. It runs great, doesn't smoke and then engine is quiet. The seat pan is junk, but usable as is. That's going to be some coin to replace, but in the meantime, it can serve as an extra trike for people to ride. I got out my 185S and my niece rode the 110 a couple days ago. She's got her own at home, but when she's over here she can ride mine. It's worth keeping it for that if nothing else.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Yep. Kind of a bummer, but honestly it just finished them off. They were so bad before I even got it.

I kinda thought selling prices would be higher, apparently not. I made $100 on it anyway, to me it wasn't worth keeping.

That 110 you have sounds like a keeper though, the issue with mine was all the nickle and dime stuff.

I'm actually looking for a 250sx, preferably 86 or 87. Thats why I sold this, and will be selling my trx200. Drove 2 hrs to look at a package deal on 2 85's, price seemed almost to good to be true. Guess what...it was. Hauled all the way out there, he opened the shop and my heart sunk. Zip ties and booger welds holding everything together, standard bolts, kicker slipped on one of them, both needed carb work, fenders all busted up on the side you couldn't really see in the pics. Taillights busted, headlights worked but shrouds all broken, broken dash, mangled footpegs (how the heck??? Hitting stumps i guess idk). The only good thing either had going for them is they had some dirty oil in them, both ran pretty good, no smoke, and one had factory front and rear racks. I know the way the markets been, but not worth $800 a piece to me...pass. Too bad but I was really wanting a 86 anyway. Got a lead on one, just keeping my eyes open right now.

Da velder

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //