//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Hondaline parts for 1986 ATC125m

--

Hondaline parts for 1986 ATC125m

Hello,
    I recently acquired an 86 125m. I’m looking for a few parts which are proving to be hard to find!

1. I have a Hondaline front rack for my trike, it just missing the lower mounts where it attaches to the fork legs. Do these ever show up?

2. Is a speedometer drive kit available for these trikes? I assume the front wheel hub drive is probably a carry over from the earlier 125m’s. Otherwise, I think I’d just need a regular Hondaline ATC speedo assembly, for mount and correct length cable?

3. I have the lower mounts for a rear rack, the ones that you have to cut out the plastics for. Who would I need to ask on the forums if I wanted to find a usable rear rack and the knurled knobs that thread into the lower mounts?

Thanks in advanced, this is my first ATC but I know already it won’t be my last! I look forward to getting in touch with you folks on the forum!

--
    1. Check eBay, over and over, if your really lucky they might turn up, or maybe someone here is hoarding some, could post in the classified section. Also check out the Honda Hoarders group on Facebook, lately i have connected with a lot of guys on there and there is some serious parts hoarding in the dark corners on that group.

2. I am fairly certain that the earlier 125 drives fit, but the main thing is you need to check your front wheel, see if the wheel has the little tab on it that drives the speed drive gear, if thats not on your front wheel then you don't have what you need even if you do manage to find the other parts, and they aint easy!! The last Hondaline ATC speedo i saw complete with all the parts was $700 on eBay... And that was the cheapest complete unit. That's why i am building a GPS speedo to go on my ATC200 now.

3. Post in the classifieds section, check eBay, they are out there. You will probably end up with a rack that needs a little refurb, a good media blasting and powder coating or repaint. I have seen a few of the racks on eBay, but i don't know if the 86 125M is machine specific or if it shares with other models, that could make it easy or hard to find it.

Wish i could give you more info, but an 86 125M is like the holy grail for me, i have only seen one in person, been denied for years to buy it, and i have never had the chance to work on one. They are just not a very common machine. Great score though, post up some pictures of it and welcome!
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    1984 Honda ATC200ES "Big Red"
    1982 ATC200E "Hondie"
    1988 TRX300FW "Project Quad" Still in progress....

--
    Got it, thanks for the info! My hub does have the notches for the speedo drive so I’m pretty sure that aspect it good. Like you, in light of the cost I’ve also considered installing a trail tech vapor digital speedo, I already have a spare sitting on my bench and I would install it in a way that it could be removed with no trace of it ever having been there for originality purposes. I have no problem straightening and refurbing a rack, I’ll keep my eyes peeled for one!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by kb0nly View Post
    3. Post in the classifieds section, check eBay, they are out there. You will probably end up with a rack that needs a little refurb, a good media blasting and powder coating or repaint. I have seen a few of the racks on eBay, but i don't know if the 86 125M is machine specific or if it shares with other models, that could make it easy or hard to find it
    It is specific to 1986 and 1987 ATC125M only.

--
    Ok, that’s good to know! I had read somewhere that a 250SX rack would fit but that didn’t make sense to me. For those with a rear rack, it looks like there are two threaded knobs that attach the rack to the mounts that extend through the plastic? Then I think it clips over the rear grab bar?

Are there any Hondaline P/N’s out there for this part or any high quality photos of what the completed rack looks like? Thanks for all the help!!

--
    Bummer its 86/87 specific, thats going to make it harder to find. I did some google searching because i was curious myself, and i found posts on another site, one had some pictures and a good picture from the rear showing how the rack is mounted. It is the typical setup where it bolts to the grab bar and then down to the frame. Looks like this model has a bracket that bolts to the frame and comes up through the holes on both sides then the threaded knobs hold the rack to that bracket. So it might not be so easy chasing these parts.

https://www.hondaatvforums.net/threa...tc-125m.73002/
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    1984 Honda ATC200ES "Big Red"
    1982 ATC200E "Hondie"
    1988 TRX300FW "Project Quad" Still in progress....

--
    I suspect they are pretty rare, someone out there probably has a stash of them but who knows. I like the look of the bike better with no rack at all anyways. I’ll keep looking but it’s not a huge deal to me. I have a quad with racks to work with.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //