//ArrowChat Code

Thread: stumped honda 200e NO SPARK?

--

Question stumped honda 200e NO SPARK?

hey guys so ia have a project trike it lost spark i checked everything with an ohm meter and cut ends off of coil to spark plug, i have a good plug, and i swapped out a known good coil and cdi and i still dont have spark. ANYthing else i can check for? after redoing some grounds and connections, i got spark, but after one good ride, it disappeared again and now i cant get it back. If i turn it over, should i be getting volts readings from the pulse generator and stator, etc? ive checked resistence and air gap on the pulse generator and they are good as well as stator resistence and they check out. Between grounds wires and frame and engine im getting about 0.04 or so with the meter set to 200 ohms, and everything checks out at the cdi plug, including continuity for kill switch. any suggestions or more things i can do?

--
    Check the kill switch for corrosion, sounds like you've covered everything else.

--
    This may or may not help. A couple of years back, I had a 1982 185S that I got running. Then I swapped the engine over to a 1983 frame. It didn't have spark. I had switched over the complete wiring harness. I double checked he ohms on everything and it all checked out. I was to the point that I started to pull the wiring harness off to put the 1983 wiring harness on when I unplugged the power wire to the ignition coil. The wire came out of the connector and that was still attached to the spade on the coil. I pulled the connector off, stripped some insulation back, twisted the wire around the coil, hooked everything else back up and I had spark again. That wire had broken and was just hanging on by the insulation. It still runs fine today with the solderless connector that I crimped onto the end of that wire.

--
    key way is unplugged and i have contunuity with kill switch on and it kills continuity with kill switch off so....
    i also redid the coil connection.
    Does anyone know what volt readings should be when im pulling the machine over? im looking for pulse generator reading, (cdi unplugged should i get a rating when turning it over?
    as well as the stator with cdi unplugged turning machine over, and what should the coil connection put out for volts with cdi plugged in?
    thanks

--
    Most of that info will be in here...https://www.manualslib.com/manual/10...-Red-200e.html

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //