//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: TPC Husqvarna

--

TPC Husqvarna

People still check in here? I am getting new dirt bike to pull double duty as power plant for new TPC 3 wheeler build.

Both bike and 3 wheeler might be desert raced but likely mostly to have fun in the Colorado mtns or elsewhere.

Leaning towards Hsq FE501. Also considering FX450 or injected 2 stroke TE300i.

Anyone have input? All is welcome.

--
    I'd like to see some pictures.

--
    I'd like to see some pictures too, but detailed on any frame modifications they have to do.

Since Husqvarna is owned by KTM, what's drawing you more towards them then the orange Kool-Aid?
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    So Bill's going to build this for you? He's been pretty aggressive in the past against "dirt bike to trike" conversions. So it would just surprise me.

Had a buddy in Colorado just get rid of a 501 Husky BVC conversion. It was nice.
    My feedback: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-ATC-Eric

Survivor! TF: 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13 Sandpuppies: 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 16, 17, 18 Imperial Invasion 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

Everything Big Bore on FaceBook

--
    Talked to the friend of mine in Colorado Springs that just actually sold the 501 conversion. He had his road legal. Rode it on 3 and 2 a good ways through a lot of the Trans America trail.

Survivor! TF: 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13 Sandpuppies: 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 16, 17, 18 Imperial Invasion 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ATC-Eric View Post
    Talked to the friend of mine in Colorado Springs that just actually sold the 501 conversion. He had his road legal. Rode it on 3 and 2 a good ways through a lot of the Trans America trail.
    BVC offers a CRF450L kit. That is a street legal dual purpose motorcycle to start with, or more of a street legal dirt bike anyway.

Maybe it's just for their Big Wheel kit, but it may for the trikes also, IDK.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Thanks guys.

No its not a conversion. A bike or a trike. It's a TPC frame. I don't want the conversion kind.

I am not going to swap engine all the time. Maybe 2-3 times a yr or special events as needed.

I like Husqvarna more I suppose to the member who asked why not KTM. I have a Rockstar 450 HSQ currently and happy with it.

--
    No opinions on which bike model?

--
    Ah, so its going to be a Husky motor in one of Bills Honda frames. Gotcha.

Depends on exactly what kind of riding you will be doing. Whether you prefer 2 stroke, or 4 stroke. The 300 injected 2 strokes are really cool. If I was going to do more woods riding, and technical riding I would probably opt for that.

If you intend to do big riding, like dunes, open road, or long country trail riding, I would go the 4 strokes. What I have found with my 450 (Yamaha) is tighter trails just don't agree with it. Its also something I heard Brad talk about with his 501 conversion. Its a LOT of machine for anything small.

--
    Ah, so its going to be a Husky motor in one of Bills Honda frames. Gotcha.

Depends on exactly what kind of riding you will be doing. Whether you prefer 2 stroke, or 4 stroke. The 300 injected 2 strokes are really cool. If I was going to do more woods riding, and technical riding I would probably opt for that.

If you intend to do big riding, like dunes, open road, or long country trail riding, I would go the 4 strokes. What I have found with my 450 (Yamaha) is tighter trails just don't agree with it. Its also something I heard Brad talk about with his 501 conversion. Its a LOT of machine for anything small.
    Correct. And struggling on decision...but leaning towards the stroker 501 6 speed.

I want to do occasional desert race with either trike or bike, but mostly for fun on trails in mtns. I dont think they are necessarily tight trails. No problem changing sprockets up. I am sure i can deal with any short commings but kind of hard to deal with short commings the desert race direction.

The 300cc 2 strokes are oil injected as well. Would you have hesitation using in desert race? 2 strokes used to dominate decades ago....but

--
    Quote Originally Posted by mx_599 View Post
    Correct. And struggling on decision...but leaning towards the stroker 501 6 speed.

I want to do occasional desert race with either trike or bike, but mostly for fun on trails in mtns. I dont think they are necessarily tight trails. No problem changing sprockets up. I am sure i can deal with any short commings but kind of hard to deal with short commings the desert race direction.

The 300cc 2 strokes are oil injected as well. Would you have hesitation using in desert race? 2 strokes used to dominate decades ago....but

If I were going to desert race, it'd be big 4 stroke hands down. Are you on facebook at all? I want you to talk to my buddy Brad Baker. Like I commented, he rode his 501 all over the place for a few years. He'd be a good person to get some advice from on what those machines are like.

--
    If I were going to desert race, it'd be big 4 stroke hands down. Are you on facebook at all? I want you to talk to my buddy Brad Baker. Like I commented, he rode his 501 all over the place for a few years. He'd be a good person to get some advice from on what those machines are like.
    I am not on face book but I am sure i can make it happen or I could PM my email. Did you say he was in Colorado?
    Was he happy with 501? Why did he get rid of it?

--
    I am not on face book but I am sure i can make it happen or I could PM my email. Did you say he was in Colorado?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by mx_599 View Post
    I'm pretty sure he's on here too. He was really happy with the 501. But he rotates through machines somewhat regularly. He bought a big boy dual sport to do more 2 wheeling, and sent the 501 down the road.

He is in Colorado Springs. I came out there and rode with him a couple years ago. Man I need to get back that way! We hit Rampart, and one other place. LOVE the trails out that direction.

Anyways, Ill see if he's around here.

--
    Oh okay, I am in Denver

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //