//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 87 200x Refresh

jasong_10 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarmayer View Post
    nice work!
    Thanks, really starting get the itch to start putting it back together. Finding the time will be the hard part, lol.
    Jason

85 ATC 250R - restored stock other than 18" rears, nerf bars, Honda key switch, 14T front sprocket, and white tank and plastics (except rad shrouds)

87 ATC 200X - restored stock other than 18" rears and nerf bars

84 TRX 200 - rough but complete budget restore for wife and eventually daughters to bum around on

Eton Viper 50cc - oldest daughter's current ride

jasong_10 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Scored a taillight on Ebay last night, woo hoo!!!! The same seller listed a grab bar today . . . I want to pull the trigger in the worst way, but I'm relatively sure my wife would kill me. I've always heard it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission but I don't dare use it two days in a row, lol. If nobody grabs it before next week that should be enough time . . .
    Jason

85 ATC 250R - restored stock other than 18" rears, nerf bars, Honda key switch, 14T front sprocket, and white tank and plastics (except rad shrouds)

84 TRX 200 - rough but complete budget restore for wife and eventually daughters to bum around on

--
    I think it looks great, good work.

MrC.
    mrc_builds on YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmw...confirmation=1

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

mrc_builds saves trikes like Jimmy Swaggart saved souls back in the day -said Patriot1

--
    Quote Originally Posted by MrConcdid View Post
    I think it looks great, good work.

MrC.
    Thanks MrC, if it turns out half as nice as yours do I'll be very happy with it.
    Jason

--
    Well I didn't want to let that grab bar slip away so I pulled the trigger last night. It's a huge relief to get the last two pieces that could have been a nightmare to find, but it was an expensive week, lol. That's not including the bathroom I have to remodel now after my wife saw the Ebay purchase history, haha.
    Jason

wild200x is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by jasong_10 View Post
    Well I didn't want to let that grab bar slip away so I pulled the trigger last night. It's a huge relief to get the last two pieces that could have been a nightmare to find, but it was an expensive week, lol. That's not including the bathroom I have to remodel now after my wife saw the Ebay purchase history, haha.
    I just read through this thread. will continue to follow. Got a very good friend with an 86. "Bathroom remodel". Bwahahahaha.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by wild200x View Post
    I just read through this thread. will continue to follow. Got a very good friend with an 86. "Bathroom remodel". Bwahahahaha.
    Yeah, it shouldn't be too bad. She just wants the walls redone with the same kind of vinyl plank flooring that I used on the floors a couple years ago (a different color/pattern obviously).
    Jason

--
    Taillight and grab bar showed up at the end of the week. Light is in great shape and came with all the hardware, and all the bar needed was a couple coats of paint, which was last night's project.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210117_204930.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	266149
    Jason

--
    Just email when you're ready for shrouds. Looking great !!!!
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

--
    Sweet build .I picked up an 86 200x couple years ago I'm planning to make it a decent trail rider. First pic when I picked it up at Lowville .HondaClick image for larger version. 

Name:	attachment.jpeg 
Views:	47 
Size:	4.3 KB 
ID:	266159 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-09-27_18-32-46_50.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	266160
    250r rules

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atc007 View Post
    Just email when you're ready for shrouds. Looking great !!!!
    Will do, thanks.
    Jason

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atc300r View Post
    Sweet build .I picked up an 86 200x couple years ago I'm planning to make it a decent trail rider. First pic when I picked it up at Lowville .HondaClick image for larger version. 

Name:	attachment.jpeg 
Views:	47 
Size:	4.3 KB 
ID:	266159 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-09-27_18-32-46_50.jpg 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	266160
    Thanks. Most of the stuff I'm replacing on mine is still functional (not pretty, but functional), you'd be welcome to come by and see if any of it would work for you when you get started on yours. You'll find out that the 86/87 stuff can be pretty hard to find, and really expensive when found, haha.
    Jason

--
    Decided to try the tank myself. Tried to get as much of the surface rust off as possible and scuffed up the bad spots, then hit it with three coats of self etching primer. Got it baking by the wood stove now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210130_215449.jpg 
Size:	844.3 KB 
ID:	266412

I'll take my front fender to work Monday and grab a can of automotive white that matches, and some clear.
    Jason

--
    Tanks looks cozy in there by the wood stove!
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Rider View Post
    Tanks looks cozy in there by the wood stove!
    Yeah it hasn't been above 15 degrees in the last three days, so I've been feeding that stove quite often, haha.
    Jason

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //