//ArrowChat Code
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 87 200x Refresh

jasong_10 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Got out to the garage this afternoon and tied up all the loose ends. Threw some fuel in it (no leaks, woo hoo!), fired it up to get the idle set and cure the exhaust paint, and took some pics.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210310_090515.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	267052

Name:	20210310_090534.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	267053

Name:	20210310_090550.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	267054

Name:	20210310_090607.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	267018

Thanks everyone for the help and input along the way.
    Last edited by jasong_10; 03-14-2021 at 08:34 PM.
    Jason

85 ATC 250R - restored stock other than 18" rears, nerf bars, Honda key switch, 14T front sprocket, and white tank and plastics (except rad shrouds)

87 ATC 200X - restored stock other than 18" rears and nerf bars

84 TRX 200 - rough but complete budget restore for wife and eventually daughters to bum around on

Eton Viper 50cc - oldest daughter's current ride

--
    Looking great Jason, I’m gonna send you a set of fork boots bud.
    Please help those who cannot help themselves.

ALWAYS buying Museum quality machines,3 and 4 wheels. And any and ALL ,NOS parts,EVERY brand.

I am turning my PM's Off,my Email is billsracing@hotmail.com,put 3WW in the subject. Thanx!

Gun laws do not stop criminals. BULLETS do.

jasong_10 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by atc007 View Post
    Looking great Jason, I’m gonna send you a set of fork boots bud.
    Thanks, I'm very happy with it. Cool, thank you!
    Jason

85 ATC 250R - restored stock other than 18" rears, nerf bars, Honda key switch, 14T front sprocket, and white tank and plastics (except rad shrouds)

84 TRX 200 - rough but complete budget restore for wife and eventually daughters to bum around on

--
    Looks gorgeous! Nice work!
    - Frank

1984 200ES Big Red
    1985 350X (x2)
    1986 350X
    1986 250SX
    1984 Auto-X
    1984 ATC70
    1985 ATC70

--
    Came out nice! What nerf did you use on there??

LMK if you want a headlight guard, that puppy looks to be about a 600$ headlight....
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderboy View Post
    Looks gorgeous! Nice work!
    Thank you, now I'm just waiting for riding weather to get here.
    Jason

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    Came out nice! What nerf did you use on there??

LMK if you want a headlight guard, that puppy looks to be about a 600$ headlight....
    Thank you. I think they were off a KFX 400? I got them used off FB Marketplace. The headlight is original and the shell is a "shep special"
    Jason

wild200x is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    I really like that one. Looks amazing.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by wild200x View Post
    I really like that one. Looks amazing.
    Thanks, I'm pleased with how it turned out.
    Jason

--
    atc007 hooked me up with some fork boots, thanks Bill!

Name:	20210320_194012.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	777.4 KB 
ID:	267131

Just have to make some time to drop the front end out and put them on before riding weather gets here.
    Jason

--
    Well went to put the fork boots on today and took a couple steps backward . . .

Broke one of the right hand side lower triple clamp bolts off trying to remove it. Had about a 1/2 inch exposed on the back side so I figured it would be the easiest to bring it out the back side. Neither double nutting it or vise grips worked (sprayed it with PB blaster right after it broke), so I recruited my father in law and his torches. Well it came out but it split the triple clamp on it's way out

So now my father in law is going to take it to a shop that can weld aluminum and get it repaired.
    Jason

--
    I'll add a picture of how I made my nerfs fit.

I chopped off those front aluminum flats and made a support mount that uses the front motor mounts and slides thru the aluminum, much stronger that way...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jasong_10 View Post
    Well went to put the fork boots on today and took a couple steps backward . . .

Broke one of the right hand side lower triple clamp bolts off trying to remove it. Had about a 1/2 inch exposed on the back side so I figured it would be the easiest to bring it out the back side. Neither double nutting it or vise grips worked (sprayed it with PB blaster right after it broke), so I recruited my father in law and his torches. Well it came out but it split the triple clamp on it's way out

So now my father in law is going to take it to a shop that can weld aluminum and get it repaired.
    Did you use a stainless steel bolt by any chance?
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    Did you use a stainless steel bolt by any chance?
    I don't think so, pretty sure it's the OE Honda bolt . . .
    Jason

--
    Looks nice jason, you got one of the last headlight shells..... The shell mold decided that it was done....it split in two where it wasn't supposed to last night. So after i'd say 50ish shells it did an ok job. Swinehart (rip) told me in the beginning of this hobby that shelf life takes its tole on molds and that each part made in that mold takes a little life out of it. I was hoping for atleast a couple more batches but.........
    Ya its not been a good day. Maybe i'll bury the mold outback in a shallow grave.....

shep
    Last edited by Shep1970; 03-29-2021 at 05:47 PM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //