//ArrowChat Code
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: 87 200x Refresh

jasong_10 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Shep1970 View Post
    Looks nice jason, you got one of the last headlight shells..... The shell mold decided that it was done....it split in two where it wasn't supposed to last night. So after i'd say 50ish shells it did an ok job. Swinehart (rip) told me in the beginning of this hobby that shelf life takes its tole on molds and that each part made in that mold takes a little life out of it. I was hoping for atleast a couple more batches but.........
    Ya its not been a good day. Maybe i'll bury the mold outback in a shallow grave.....

shep
    A moment of silence . . .

. . .

. . .

Now if we could only hear Taps playing

Really appreciate the shell and other smaller pieces, thank you.
    Jason

85 ATC 250R - restored stock other than 18" rears, nerf bars, Honda key switch, 14T front sprocket, and white tank and plastics (except rad shrouds)

87 ATC 200X - restored stock other than 18" rears and nerf bars

84 TRX 200 - rough but complete budget restore for wife and eventually daughters to bum around on

Eton Viper 50cc - oldest daughter's current ride

jasong_10 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Well thanks to oldskool83/Aaron, crisis averted. He hooked me up with a steering stem to replace my damaged original. Pretty sure the machine shop hasn't even looked at mine yet to see if they can repair it so I'll probably just go pick it up some time this coming week. All that's left to put back on is the front tire/wheel/hub assembly. Here's where we're at, shout out to oldskool83 for the stem and atc007/Bill for the new fork boots!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210403_195008.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	267282
    Jason

85 ATC 250R - restored stock other than 18" rears, nerf bars, Honda key switch, 14T front sprocket, and white tank and plastics (except rad shrouds)

84 TRX 200 - rough but complete budget restore for wife and eventually daughters to bum around on

--
    Well buttoned the rest of it up today, now just waiting for good riding weather to get here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210404_174517.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	267294
    Jason

--
    I hear you may need a couple rear frame plugs I just might have those. Attachment 266963

shep
    Could you send me a pair when you have time? I'll send you something for them and/or the shipping.
    Jason

--
    Got it out tonight for it's maiden voyage and took a short ride. Different tread style rear tires feel like they make a difference, easier to start the slide and much more stable in the slide. I was considering some spacers bug I think I might leave it as is.
    Jason

--
    Nothing like that first ride, and seeing & feeling all your hard work come to fruition! Congrats.
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

--
    Quote Originally Posted by jasong_10 View Post
    Could you send me a pair when you have time? I'll send you something for them and/or the shipping.
    If u would give/send me like $10 bucks for a set- that'll cover shipping etc. I will send them out tuesday at the latest.... thnx

shep

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Rider View Post
    Nothing like that first ride, and seeing & feeling all your hard work come to fruition! Congrats.
    Thanks, now I just have to mix some gas to get the R out
    Jason

--
    If u would give/send me like $10 bucks for a set- that'll cover shipping etc. I will send them out tuesday at the latest.... thnx

shep
    Done, thanks a bunch shep.
    Jason

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //