//ArrowChat Code

Thread: carb help for a 1981 250r

--

carb help for a 1981 250r

I tried to rebuild the carb but the round slide rotates in the bore. The locating pin to keep it from twisting is missing .
    It should be an easy fix and a common problem but my search skill suck on the internet.
    Is it worth dicking around with this old carb anyways?
    I see the newer model carbs have a "D" or wedge shaped slide which would eliminate this problem but which one would be best and cheapest?

Thanks for any advice or tips.

--
    All slides should have a 'wedge' out of them on one side.

--
    Yes but what's going to stop the round slide from spinning and putting the wedge in the wrong place?

--
    Here is a pic of the problem. I had the slide all the way down oriented in the correct position with the notch for the idle screw aligned, but when I press and release the throttle, it twists and cannot come back down.

--
    Here is a pic showing what I am working with. I do not know what has been changed from stock besides the front wheel.

--
    You are missing this piece of brass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--
    You could possibly drill out above the vent pipe and epoxy something to keep the slide from twisting.

--
    Thanks for the pic. I wasn't sure if I lost a part, or it wore out. I saw the dimple where I need to drill and wondered if the original was epoxied in there.
    Time to look around for some brass .

--

carb help for a 1981 250r

If you have a 115 piece drill bit set. Figure out the ID of slot in throttle slide then drill hole in carb a couple thousands under. Cut a section off shank of drill bit and go for a press fit.
    Hope you don’t find that missing piece ground up in the bottom end....

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //