//ArrowChat Code
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 1985 200x build piece by piece, here we go! (LMK if you have parts!) Picture update!

--
    Just snagged a NICE 85 250r front hub off ebay for 125. The gold finish doesn't even have a blemish.

I realize the brakes won't work with the 200x forks but im honestly not worried about that. Ill be more than fine with just rear brakes for awhile, which (until I add front brakes) ill run off a regular front master cylinder on the bars.

Ghetto? perhaps.. budget friendly for the meantime? yes.
    1980 Honda 110-125 lifan manual clutch *in progress*

1985 200x - building peice by piece

--
    Quote Originally Posted by BarnBoy View Post
    Blmpkn, I just picked up an 85 parts bike. Wish I'd have known you needed forks, frame, etc. PM me if you need anything.
    Keep an eye out, I will probably send you a pm. Thanks for the offer!

--
    Over the weekend I scored a pretty decent tank, which I was referred to by BarnBoy (thanks!), and a box of assorted stuff FROM Barnboy (thanks again!)

Box has the rubber chain guides & hardware, chain tensioners, the carrier spacer, axle nuts & circlip, rear brake disc & hub, rear brake line tabs, rear shock mounting bolts & collar, and shock reservoir spacer & retaining band.

BarnBoy is awesome to deal with, and he helped me knock a good chunk off the list of crap to aquire. After the new year rolls around im hoping to make a good bit more progress. I'm happy with my investment so far. I figured I could assemble a decent roller for about 2300, I have about 1000 dollars to go before I hit that figure, full of optimism right now.

--
    By the way.... I realize that "This ThReAd Is UsElesS WiThOuT PicS" lol. I'm in the middle of moving to a better house with a much bigger shop space, were hoping to be all moved by Christmas. Ill be able to get pictures of everything from the new place. Taking pictures of this stuff from the old "shop" would of just been embarrassing.

--
    Maybe, but they're still pictures. All kidding aside, it's really nice to document a build like this. That way, you can keep track of all of the work you've done. It will also help to make others appreciate the extra time and effort that goes into building a trike this way.

--
    I'm gonna do my best! My photography skills aren't exactly awesome but hopefully it can do some justice.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Blmpkn View Post
    Over the weekend I scored a pretty decent tank, which I was referred to by BarnBoy (thanks!), and a box of assorted stuff FROM Barnboy (thanks again!)

Box has the rubber chain guides & hardware, chain tensioners, the carrier spacer, axle nuts & circlip, rear brake disc & hub, rear brake line tabs, rear shock mounting bolts & collar, and shock reservoir spacer & retaining band.

BarnBoy is awesome to deal with, and he helped me knock a good chunk off the list of crap to aquire. After the new year rolls around im hoping to make a good bit more progress. I'm happy with my investment so far. I figured I could assemble a decent roller for about 2300, I have about 1000 dollars to go before I hit that figure, full of optimism right now.
    Yep, he's a good dude. Hard to find people like him but I do seem to find decent people in the 3 wheeler community for some reason.

I just wish these good people lived near me...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Where are you in the northeast?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Blmpkn View Post
    Where are you in the northeast?
    Massachusetts just south of Boston.

That 250R front hub is a different rim bolt pattern than the 83 to 85 front wheel and has a different offset, the front caliper is on opposite sides, so you may have to adjust/make some spacers to center the front wheel.
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    Massachusetts just south of Boston.

That 250R front hub is a different rim bolt pattern than the 83 to 85 front wheel and has a different offset, the front caliper is on opposite sides, so you may have to adjust/make some spacers to center the front wheel.
    Ah your not that far from me, I'm only 2 hours north.

Thanks for the heads up on the spacers, shouldn't be too hard of an issue to rectify.

Christmas present to myself today was buying wheels! They're black DWT red labels, 11x6 and 9x8. Paid 295 for the trio.

--
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210121_185821.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	2.27 MB 
ID:	266212

Picture! Here's the progress so far. Not exactly pictured is the rear disk, motor mounts, swingarm bolt, other various hardware, and a 230-250cc (can't tell without bore/stroke measurements) chinese motor. Hoping to get an axle and a few more goodies with my tax return.

BarnBoy is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Yeah buddy, you're getting there. What all do you still need?
    1984 HONDA ATC200M - OG, mid-restoration
    1981 HONDA ATC200 - future build
    1981 HONDA ATC185S - parts
    1984 ATC200X - roller, future build
    1984 Honda ATC250r - in a million pieces- ISO grab bar, PM if you have one

Da velder

--
    Oooh let's see... bars, grips, throttle, front master cylinder, clutch lever, rear caliper, axle, chain, plastics & seat, tires, pegs... likely some more odds and ends im forgetting lol. Well get there!

BarnBoy is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    I might have a spare clutch handle, and I know I have a master cylinder but it would need a rebuild for sure...I will check and get back to you.
    1984 HONDA ATC200M - OG, mid-restoration
    1981 HONDA ATC200 - future build
    1981 HONDA ATC185S - parts
    1984 ATC200X - roller, future build
    1984 Honda ATC250r - in a million pieces- ISO grab bar, PM if you have one

Da velder

--
    I've got a seat, but not certain what from. If it's 200X, you can have it for shipping cost.

The pan is pretty crusty from sitting outside, but I flexed it and it didn't crack anywhere, so it should be good for another go with fresh foam and a cover.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	200Xseat (1).jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	2.39 MB 
ID:	266340Click image for larger version. 

Name:	200Xseat (2).jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	2.44 MB 
ID:	266341
    The story of three wheels and a man...

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //