//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 1985 200x build piece by piece, here we go! (LMK if you have parts!) Picture update!

--
    I have a 200 cc Chinese electric start engine I used on my 1983 200x for about a year. I took it out to change to a 200 big red engine as I wanted the high/low option. The engine runs good, it is just sitting in my shop covered in a box. I would sell it for $200 if you are interested. I am not sure what shipping would cost. Send me your zip code if you want it and I will get a cost estimate to ship.
    Dan

--
    Quote Originally Posted by NVdan View Post
    I have a 200 cc Chinese electric start engine I used on my 1983 200x for about a year. I took it out to change to a 200 big red engine as I wanted the high/low option. The engine runs good, it is just sitting in my shop covered in a box. I would sell it for $200 if you are interested. I am not sure what shipping would cost. Send me your zip code if you want it and I will get a cost estimate to ship.
    Dan
    Motor, wiring, and carb/intake? I was planning on saving the motor for almost last, BUT saving money is nice! Especially when the motor is just going to be temporary. Ill send you a pm, thank you for the offer.

Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    I have various rear hubs I could part with. Let me know if you need that kinda thing.
    Have any hubs that are wider than stock?

Quote Originally Posted by MrConcdid View Post
    Always keep a record. Be honest with yourself.
    I keep a spreadsheet on every bike.

Some folks make a book, dates, photos, parts used where they got them, cost. ect.

I have a 53 chevy, but only half of it is from a 53 chevy. I should wright down it has granada rotors on the front, s-10 rear axle, Cadillac 500 engine, on and on.
    the next owner (when I die) would really need that type of information. My last truck (build) I included a list of all the major parts used on it, and put in in the glove box. So the new owner would know what locker and gear ratio was in the rear axle without guessing or having to open it up.
    just an example

You will see in a very short time $2,000 will go by quick.
    But you will have the only bike ever assembled by you, and you got to pick every part of it.

Post some pics
    MrC.
    I have a running total on my phone as well as here. I'm curious how cheap I can do it.

That chevy sounds like a cool build, how does the s10 rear end like that big block? Lol.

I know how quickly money can be spent, im in the middle of building a 83 caprice wagon into a 1000hp wheel stand pulling monster... thats the hope anyways. Havnt made too too much progress on it this year other than getting an intake for the motor $$ and a 1000hp rated trans-brake th400 $$$$$$. Hoping to have time In a couple weeks to get everything on the motor ready for install and take out the old motor/trans.
    1980 Honda 110-125 lifan manual clutch *in progress*

1985 200x - building peice by piece

--
    I will check the engine this weekend to see what I have to go with it. I will let you know in a couple of days.
    Dan

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Blmpkn View Post
    Motor, wiring, and carb/intake? I was planning on saving the motor for almost last, BUT saving money is nice! Especially when the motor is just going to be temporary. Ill send you a pm, thank you for the offer.

Have any hubs that are wider than stock?

I have a running total on my phone as well as here. I'm curious how cheap I can do it.

That chevy sounds like a cool build, how does the s10 rear end like that big block? Lol.

I know how quickly money can be spent, im in the middle of building a 83 caprice wagon into a 1000hp wheel stand pulling monster... thats the hope anyways. Havnt made too too much progress on it this year other than getting an intake for the motor $$ and a 1000hp rated trans-brake th400 $$$$$$. Hoping to have time In a couple weeks to get everything on the motor ready for install and take out the old motor/trans.
    Well you're going down the wrong road if you actually want to get the wagon going. These trikes have a (good) habit of taking over you finances.

--
    Between the wagon, 4 wheeler, and the two trike projects I have no finances left haha

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Blmpkn View Post
    im in the middle of building a 83 caprice wagon
    Fast wagons are awesome! Those year GM vehicles have a lot going for them on budget builds too. Many of that era GM makes and models share the same chassis and suspension parts. You can probably shoehorn some earlier Camaro and Firebird parts in with a little effort.

You've got to do something with those rear suspension arms though and don't just box them in and add polyurethane bushings, it'll bind like crazy. There are some aftermarket arms with spherical type bearings/bushings, at least on the top arms. They're not that expensive.

That's going to be a fun project.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Quote Originally Posted by NVdan View Post
    I will check the engine this weekend to see what I have to go with it. I will let you know in a couple of days.
    Dan
    I sent you a PM with the shipping estimate. I have the basic engine wiring, the starter relay, CDI. No carb, I might have an intake.
    If you decide you want it I will look for more parts.
    Dan

--
    Aquired 85 forks & trees for 200$ as well as the front axle & spacers for 50$

Can NOT find a new DWT 10x6 3b/3n 4/110 wheel anywhere. Looks like I'll be searching for a 350x front hub.. as the right wheel can be found on the bigger bolt pattern.

--
    I have many sets of 4x110 rear rims, 4x110 fronts too! Oem to non oem, I build the wheels. I laser cut rings and weld in any rims. Doing an ltr450 8inch rear set next week.

I do tbe work, it is not farmed to hreatv.com to clear that up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Resized_20200612_081022.jpeg  

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool83 View Post
    I have many sets of 4x110 rear rims, 4x110 fronts too! Oem to non oem, I build the wheels. I laser cut rings and weld in any rims. Doing an ltr450 8inch rear set next week.

I do tbe work, it is not farmed to hreatv.com to clear that up.
    What would the damage be for a 10x6 centered 4/110 front and a pair of 9x9 3b+6n 4/110 rears?

I'm not converned if the wheels aren't oem, I would prefer them to be aftermarket honestly. They just need to match.

--
    Ended up snagging a really nice looking rear shock off fleabay, 40$ but the seller really stuck it to me with 32$ shipping -_-

Oh well, its a survivor compared to what most of the shocks on there look like.

--
    I HATE it when they do that. For Pete's sake, just make the price higher already! You think that you're getting a good deal until you look at that shipping price.

--
    I do like this thread. I picked up my 1985 200X a few years ago in boxes. I've been slowly putting it back together. I traded a rough 1983 185S for it and then ended up getting the 185S back for free 6 months later so I guess I really can't complain much about the price of the parts that I need to buy. I got it to a roller and then got distracted by other projects.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	017.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	265305Click image for larger version. 

Name:	018.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	265306

--
    I'm still more or less happy with what I paid for it, like I said its in real good condition compared to the rest of what was on ebay.

Project distraction is real, my 110/125 project has taken a back seat to this the past few weeks lol. Getting close to a roller myself.. probably gonna spend my Christmas bonus on a nice durablue axle for it

BarnBoy is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Blmpkn, I just picked up an 85 parts bike. Wish I'd have known you needed forks, frame, etc. PM me if you need anything.
    1984 HONDA ATC200M - OG, mid-restoration
    1981 HONDA ATC200 - future build
    1981 HONDA ATC185S - parts
    1984 ATC200X - roller, future build
    1984 Honda ATC250r - in a million pieces- ISO grab bar, PM if you have one

Da velder

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //