//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Covid Prices

--

Covid Prices

howdy my friends, i am looking at this 84 tecate 3 for sale and its not running, missing a few parts and its mostly not original. the gentleman selling this trike is asking for 1700usd and he said he is negotiable. i am located over an hour away and would like to get this but find that price tag absurd, am i crazy or what is a reasonable price for something like this. i feel like everything has gone up since covid but idk. just trying to not over pay and keep the trike market high. thanks.

--
    Less than two hours away? I'd just go look at it.

There's a lot of people who drive one hour to work, then an hour back home, every day.

Are there any sightseeing opportunities along the way or good restaurants? That's the difference between going to look at a trike and going for a relaxing short trip.

I'm not just saying that. It's what I consider when traveling a significant distance to potentially buy something. If the sale falls through, I still have a good time.
    Last edited by ATC King; 10-27-2020 at 10:07 PM.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

Surprise AZ. In the garage working on trikes.
    --
    1700usd? LOL

bots are the best, am I crazy, idk, maybe you are crazy, idk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    1700usd? LOL

bots are the best, am I crazy, idk, maybe you are crazy, idk
    not a bot... i feel like there are a bunch of folks from canada on this site so i just wanted to make sure people know. id just like to know if people would think its worth that money or not.

--
    Hard to say what its worth without a really good up close and personal look then go from there.

Prices are all inflated right now. I jumped on a ATC200 in Sept, it was a 2.5 hour trip one way, so a 5 hour round trip. I just don't see any for sale close to me anymore, i think i can blame myself for drying up the local market years ago. Anyway, the guy had $600 on it, which is probably twice what i would have paid for it a year ago, it wasn't even running, but it was all there, had new tires on the back, and in decent cosmetic shape, even a new seat cover though it was badly installed with duct tape and i had to redo it, but the value was there, new tires and a seat cover thats already a couple hundred bucks, the guy was straight with me, motor wasn't locked up but it wasn't running, turns out previous owner did a top end rebuild with a fresh bore and piston and rings but put it back together with the cam out 180 degrees, easy enough mistake to make on a 200.... But anyway my point was the guy seemed straight and genuine on what he was selling, was willing to do all the paperwork which some don't even want to sign a bill of sale anymore and put their name on the deal, the VIN checked out as not stolen, so i bought it from the feller for $600 cash and drove home. I still feel i got a good deal on a 81 with hardly a spot of rust on it, and it just kept turning out to be a gem in the rough, new wheel bearing and seals and drive chain, new brake shoes, there was a lot of new parts on it from the guy he bought it from. Went through another owner that also couldnt get it running then it got to me and now its one of my favorite rides.

Two hours away and what your looking for, worth a shot to take the drive!
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    1984 Honda ATC200ES "Big Red"
    1982 ATC200E "Hondie"
    1988 TRX300FW "Project Quad" Still in progress....

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //