//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Musket Mufflers: New ATC OEM Replicas

--

Musket Mufflers: New ATC OEM Replicas

I found this New Zealand company that makes direct replacement exhaust systems for many ATC models and older dirt bikes.

https://www.musketmufflers.com/collections/honda

No prices listed, have to contact them.

Pretty darn cool. The ATC110 exhaust is outside of the frame though, but certainly looks like a much better choice than one of the few loud options that don't even have spark arrestors.

Here's the one they sell for a 185. Center mount like OE.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ATC King View Post
    I found this New Zealand company that makes direct replacement exhaust systems for many ATC models and older dirt bikes.

https://www.musketmufflers.com/collections/honda

No prices listed, have to contact them.

Pretty darn cool. The ATC110 exhaust is outside of the frame though, but certainly looks like a much better choice than one of the few loud options that don't even have spark arrestors.
    No kidding? what a nice find ATC king. I wonder how the cost on the 110 muffler compares to a new cobra exhaust.. What a nice option for a quieter exhaust.
    90 nickolson Bored and Stroked "The Good"

Big Bore 110 Pauter frame "The Bad"

90 Bored and Stroked “vey’s frame” "The Ugly"

110 JSC frame Bored and Stroked
    flat track build. “Shop trike”

1974 original 90 X 2

1974 Original 70.

--
    I saw these a while back. They are around the $200 range IIRC. (ATC90/110)
    * 1978 ATC 90/180 Pauter PJ1 / Springer "Team BAPP" Bike *

* 1980 ATC 110/180 "Danny's Machine Works" 3D Sprint Dune Bike *

* Nicholson 500 Race Bike *

* HPATC Yamaha RD350 "Big Moe" Trike *

--
    $200 doesn't really sound like a bad price to me. I wonder if they flow better than stock. Any ideas?

--
    If they're still around $200, that isn't bad at all. Shipping will be a kick in the nuts though.

If they at least flow as good as stock, that's good enough. Just having an option to keep a center mounted exhaust on the 185/200 machines is great. They do mention something about 'race' for their 350X one. They even have a complete '88-'90 XR600R system, not that's it's important for this thread, but that's a pretty big deal. The head pipes aren't stainless like the OEM ones though, but having a new replacement muffler for that unicorn is excellent.

They also have a 'XR' baffle. That will possibly fit some of the ATCs, because those will interchange with the XR thumpers, I don't know which ATCs though. Contact them and ask for the baffle dimensions. There's a bunch of ATCs out there with stock mufflers, but missing the baffle.

--
    I have a DG exhaust on my 81 200, its still center mounted, bolt up in like ten mins. Sure its a bit louder then stock but a lot of guys mod the DG with a restrictor plate to make them sound nearly stock. Although the DG exhaust is still around the same price, $200-250 depending on catching it on sale at Dennis Kirk. I have DG exhaust's on all three of mine, the 74 90, 81 200, and 84 200ES. Of course i have never had anyone say anything about a spark arrestor, i know some places that is an issue. Most quad guys here pull them out and toss them in the trunk so if anyone ever did say anything they can put it back in and play it off as they forgot to last time they cleaned it... LOL
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    1984 Honda ATC200ES "Big Red"
    1982 ATC200E "Hondie"
    1988 TRX300FW "Project Quad" Still in progress....

--
    Quote Originally Posted by kb0nly View Post
    I have a DG exhaust on my 81 200, its still center mounted
    Thanks. I just looked at those and seen the tab for the center mount.

One thing is those are glass packed and the OEM ones aren't. Stainless steel wool could be used to pack a DG so it would last much longer, but the OEM style is chambered, so there's nothing to maintain or replace. The baffle in the OEM ones should probably be removed periodically, to blow out any carbon built up from the spark arrestor function. Some mufflers have cleanout covers on them for that, but I'm not aware of any ATC mufflers that have them.

Any exhaust can be modified to include a custom or manufactured spark arrestor, but it's nice to not have to do that. Just purchasing an exhaust, installing it, and being legal to ride anywhere, is so much simpler. I don't know if the Musket mufflers have a USFS approved spark arrestor, but at least looking the part, they should get a nod from anyone wanting to stick something up your tailpipe.

You're another of the long time members who hasn't posted in a while. Thanks for posting.
    Last edited by ATC King; 10-28-2020 at 11:42 PM.

--
    Well i disappeared for a while, life got busy, work got busy, then this world wide pandemic slowed things down, i got back on long awaited projects, and then the 81 200 i bought showed up on Facebook Marketplace and i figured it would be a fun project to keep me in the garage and not wearing a mask to go around town, and that led to the GPS speedo project, and the headlight on my 200ES was intermittent and i started looking for LED replacements and found some old posts on here about it and got that done, then today it was an axle seal on the 200ES... So yeah the ATC's have become a big part of my killing time again. I went through a rough year, a divorce, moving, years back and i kind of pulled away from a lot of online stuff because i just wanted to be away from drama, then i got remarried a few years ago to an amazing woman who enjoys riding in the dirt and ripping around on three wheels and supports all my hobbies (or addiction when it comes to ATCs) and life is kind of back on track again and i'm the happiest i have been in many many years. So i'm back! Have a home based business, get my kids half of each month, my oldest is going to a trade school to be an electrician, just got the second oldest licensed to drive and he got his first job. Life is just kind of great right now!
    1982 ATC200E "Hondie"

--
    Quote Originally Posted by kb0nly View Post
    ...Life is just kind of great right now!
    I'm happy for you.

This has been one of my better years too, but I'm not forgetting all the other people who aren't having a good year. The father of a close friend is in the hospital with Covid-19, and it's a stressful situation for my friend. He also experienced a death in the family earlier this year. We're the same age and my father passed away last year about this time, and because the hospitals don't even let family hang around right now, he's feeling really down about it. I think his dad will pull out of it, but if not, a whole lot of things are going to be heaped onto his plate because he's the closest sibling living near, and his mother is in bad health.

I remember where I was and what I was doing on 9-11, and for the rest of my life I'll remember 2020 as what it is. I'm happy and well, and this year has been a blessing for me, but I'm aware of what other people are going through and hope they find strength to endure.
    Last edited by ATC King; 10-29-2020 at 01:03 AM.

--
    Yeah i hear ya... I hear every day about something bad, i had to shut off the tv and the radio and limit my online activity to places i can skip over the bad news. Just tired of it all, and once i blocked out the bad news things really started to get better. I am by all means not trying to brag, its just been a good year for me. The world slowed down, i got to slow down, and its like everyone in my small town is just taking life slower. Its not always a bad thing, every bad thing has a flip side, the flip side is the world got a little reboot this year.

I remember exactly where i was, what i was doing, when 9-11 happened... And 2020 will definitely go down as something i won't forget, its right up there with other memories.

Hopefully everyone makes it through the other side of this, and best wishes to those dealing with the worst of it right now. We can do this, other bad things have happened to this country, and sadly i am sure Covid won't be the last, thats life, thats the world we live in, we just gotta find something to keep us moving.
    1982 ATC200E "Hondie"

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //