//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1986 atc350x and 1986 atc250r Replica OEM Kill/light on/off switches for sale on Ebay

--

1986 atc350x and 1986 atc250r Replica OEM Kill/light on/off switches for sale on Ebay

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone has recently purchased either 1986 atc250r or 1986 atc350x replacement OEM replica Kill/light on/off switches for sale on Ebay(gggreatparts or partsdynasty)? If so how did it work or does it work. Does the connection work without modification? A couple of the ebay sellers both tell me they are universally manufactured to work on either machine without any modification to them(i am not convinced they do but i could be wrong). I was thinking that I might get one each for my brother for a christmas gift because I drew his name in our christmas gift pool this year . He is always searching for oem style replacements for his 1986 350x and 250r. I was always under the assumption that 86 atc350x had a different Kill/light on/off wiring loom plug setup than an 1986 at250r. Is that correct or not? Can anyone confirm this please and if so do you have any pictures showing the difference. I am kinda of leery from the reply of these sellers because they have different advertised pictures for the 86 atc350x and 86 atc250r switches but then are stating their universal and connect the same without any modification required.
    Thank you
    350xman
    No- Point in standing around and just watching! Get out and ride!

--
    I have that switch (350x), it plugged right in and works and looks

Mine came seller transformers_us.
    Mrc.
    mrc_builds on YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmw...confirmation=1

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

mrc_builds saves trikes like Jimmy Swaggart saved souls back in the day -said Patriot1

--
    Here's a break down I did of the 200x version, I suspect the same housing is used in all 3 versions and probably manufactured in the same factory.

The median age upon accession to the presidency is 55 years and 3 months.

For your concerns, 85 and 86 atc350x is 100% a match, the part numbers are not the same because of the switch color changed (black vs gray/yellow rockers), the actual wiring is the same between those two. The color style matches the 86 ones, but if the wiring is correct for 86, it will be correct for 85.

The atc250r part numbers are all different year vs year for 85 vs 86.

Now if the sellers are claming they fit 350x AND 250r, they are smoking crack. Even the wire diagrams in the service manuals doesn't even match up for connector types. The 250r 85 and 86 has the same connector in the diagram, not 100% sure if they are pinned the same as I don't have any on hand. The diagram shows a 6 pin connector + a bullet terminal, the 350x on the other hand I know has a 3 pin connector, a bullet terminal, and two optional bullet female terminals for optional equipment (like the Honda line Speedometer for the back light). Also the headlight connectors are 100% different, 350x has 3x double female bullet terminals while the 250r both have "H4" headlight connectors (3 pin).

85 top, 86 bottom atc250r diagram:

85-86 atc350x diagram

Side note, I modify actual Honda switches to work on the 350x and other machines. I have an 85 250r switch I bought yesterday for a template. Here's the 350x version, yes they have starter button, there's no new Honda OEM machines that have the switch in production that doesn't have the starter button and the kill switch works correctly. These are in pretty high demand so I haven't really gotten an excess stock on hand to list on ebay.

Hope this info helps clear things up, use photos, compare what you have, and 100% hold sellers responsible for what they claim. Like if a part doesn't fit, return it as no as described to get 100% refund plus seller paid return shipping.

--
    HI Guys

Thanks for the replies. I agree with ps2fixer that these two ebay sellers are smoking something really good and do not understand what products they are selling under the incorrectly identification of replica OEM parts and in this case that the light/kill/on/off switches for the 86 atc 350x and 86 atc250r are the same switches that will plug and play. I had another fellow 3 wheeler contact from another atv site said that he purchased those same two supposed different switch from these same ebay sellers and they are passing off an 86 atc250r replica OEM switch as plug and play for an 86 atc350x and they only work for an 86 atc250r and not for 86 atc350x. He sent me a picture of what they sent him which was incorrect. He also said they also post the pictures showing the correct wire loom design just like ps2fixer posted but then sent him 2 86 atc250r switches. I actually think the 2 ebay sellers are the same seller but are selling under two separate names. I guess that answer my questions that I should not purchase these switches from them. Thank you both for replying and helping me out with the correct info. I ll try post the pictures he sent me for reference.
    Is there any ebay sellers that you would recommend that are reputable enough to purchase a 86 atc350x oem replica switch from in your opinions?
    Thank you,
    Regards,
    350XMAN

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9368.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	264985
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9366.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	109.5 KB 
ID:	264986

--
    HI MrConcdid

I was wondering if there is any chance you could send/post me a few pictures of your 350x switch showing all the connectors if you can. It would be much appreciated.
    Thank you
    Regards,
    350XMAN

--
    This pic I posted above is of the 350x connectors (switch side). The insulation looks a little different but the actual terminals are the same type. If you want, I can build a pig tail if you don't mind splicing wires and such to convert the ones you have to the 350x layout. Might be easier than trying to get the tools and connectors as long as you have some way to splice wires together and seal them (adhesive heat shrink, also called dual walled heat shrink)

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //