//ArrowChat Code
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Guy With An 84 200x

--
    You're going to have a lot of fun!

BarnBoy is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Very nice, that progressed quickly. Glad you got in touch with Jwheeler, he is in your neck of the woods and can hook you up with all the parts you'll need. Great guy to deal with.
    1984 HONDA ATC200M - OG, mid-restoration
    1981 HONDA ATC200 - future build
    1981 HONDA ATC185S - parts
    1984 ATC200X - roller, future build
    1984 Honda ATC250r - in a million pieces- ISO grab bar, PM if you have one

Da velder

--
    Happy thanksgiving everyone!

I spent part of the day working on the gas tank of the 200x I got from Jwheeler. When I was attempting to buy this bike from Jwheeler I told him I didn't care about the condition of the tank or plastics/seat since I'm going to use the trike as a loaner for when friends want to come camping. I started off by bare metaling the tank and started yanking the dents. I got the first layer of mud on it today and will take more pictures.

Current status of the trike is motor runs BUT leaks oil about as fast as you pour it in. I ordered a full gasket kit, front and rear sprockets, chain, and 3 new tires. Most of the parts arrive monday so ill update as progress continues and of course ill get some good pictures of the first camping trip. For now, enjoy pictures of the dents BEFORE.

patriot1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Great job! I love watching them come back to life! You did well!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot1 View Post
    Great job! I love watching them come back to life! You did well!
    Thanks! Honestly, my bike was so far gone it would've been cheaper to just buy a runner but where is the fun in that?

Today I pulled trike 2 into the garage and yanked the motor in order to find the oil leak issues. There were no side cover gaskets, at all...

I am not planning on restoring either of these bikes but since the motor was out I figured id wire wheel the whole thing and give a coat of black. I also put a skim coat of bondo on the entire right side of the tank and sanded it down, then shot it with some dark grey primer since its what I had on the shelf. Before i get any grief about the bondo, I used a slide to pull the dent out prior to bondo. Ill block the tank next week and shoot it white. It'll be a solid enough for a bike I plan to loan to friends.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //