//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Reverse 85 250es

--

Reverse 85 250es

Recently got a 85 250es and there is no cable for reverse. The guy I purchased from said you don’t need it. It does go in and out of reverse just fine. My question is- what was done to achieve this. Is this really ok or do I need to change something to add the cable?
    Thx

--
    On the right side of the case on the bottom there is a lever, when you pull the brake cable level and activate the reverse cable it pulls the lever on the bottom of the trans, it is a safety that keeps you from downshifting from 1 to reverse on accident.
    I have seen several bike with a piece of wire keeping lower lever in the pulled position. I don't think it will hurt anything, unless you do go into reverse while moving forward at speed.
    The cable cost less than 20$ on ebay. it is a specific cable. so make sure you get the right one.

MrC.
    mrc_builds on YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmw...confirmation=1

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

mrc_builds saves trikes like Jimmy Swaggart saved souls back in the day -said Patriot1

--
    Quote Originally Posted by MrConcdid View Post
    On the right side of the case on the bottom there is a lever, when you pull the brake cable level and activate the reverse cable it pulls the lever on the bottom of the trans, it is a safety that keeps you from downshifting from 1 to reverse on accident.
    I have seen several bike with a piece of wire keeping lower lever in the pulled position. I don't think it will hurt anything, unless you do go into reverse while moving forward at speed.
    The cable cost less than 20$ on ebay. it is a specific cable. so make sure you get the right one.

MrC.
    Thank you sir!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //