//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 1985 25oR general questions

AngusJustice is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --

1985 25oR general questions

Long story short, Owned a 85 R for 15 years, didnt do much with it as I was riding my XR 350R mostly. had a kid and I was lucky enough to keep it hidden rode it maybe once a year (i know bad,bad,bad) I'm in the process of installing a new rear carrier at the moment but it was an old ice racer and it has spider trac 22x12.50x9's on it. I know that's not the right size so one of my questions is what do you recommend tire wise. I really only rail trail ride and run through fields. More questions to follow.

jasong_10 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    I've got 18x10-8 maxxis razrs on mine and I'm very happy with them. They bite pretty well but you can overpower them in order to slide to corner agressively.
    Jason

85 ATC 250R - restored stock other than 18" rears, nerf bars, Honda key switch, 14T front sprocket, and white tank and plastics (except rad shrouds)

87 ATC 200X - restored stock other than 18" rears and nerf bars

84 TRX 200 - rough but complete budget restore for wife and eventually daughters to bum around on

Eton Viper 50cc - oldest daughter's current ride

--
    Quote Originally Posted by AngusJustice View Post
    ...one of my questions is what do you recommend tire wise. I really only rail trail ride and run through fields.
    I don’t know what kind of obstacles you encounter in these fields, but I would prefer, at least, a stock size tire diameter (20”) for ground clearance purposes.
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

--
    These guys make a very close replica to the OEM tires.
    They are tested and proven for durability.
    http://www.hpcheetahtires.com/

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //