//ArrowChat Code

Thread: this is how hoarding starts.

--

this is how hoarding starts.

been into fixing and selling three wheelers for years, haven't been pursuing it much in the last few years. flipped a 250 big red and 2 200x last year. Found a seized 185s, got it running, new tires, seat, title plates etc and we actually use it. Then found a $40 82 185s needing everything but I had alot of the stuff needed. axle, hubs, carb, air cleaner, pull start,motor, exhaust etc. anyway it now just needs rear fender, brackets. It runs etc.
    So the thought was to just sell it and make room.
    Whats a running 185s with a 200s motor and no plastic worth? 150-200 bucks? What it cost to replace a pull start on my titled 185s if it breaks? how much for a motor?
    So why sell it for 200 bucks if I need parts later?
    So who else built thier collection 1 project trike at a time?
    jim
    81 185s
    82 185s with 85 200s motor
    suspended 185s
    85 atc70
    1984 200s
    85 350x 3rd owner
    and a 72 ct70

projects coming along

85 200s
    81 suspended 185s (can't believe I came across 2)
    1982? 185s

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim mac View Post
    So why sell it for 200 bucks if I need parts later?
    That's the conclusion I've come to as well.

I've got runners, so anymore I typically only buy parts trikes. I did buy a running, but not rideable, YTM this year, because I've never had one. Then thought of selling it once I got it all pretty sorted out, but nah. I couldn't replace it for what it'd bring around here. I came across a ATC110 this year too, which was priced too well to ignore, and once I repaired and adjusted just a few things, it's actually a good little trike. I could easily sell it for more than I paid, but I've got <$150 in it, running and riding, and with a great condition engine. For that price, it's just fine where it is right now. If I get tired of moving it around the shop, it'd be the first one to go, but I don't think that's happening anytime soon.

All the used parts being so expensive anymore, I'm not able to justify getting rid of anything. Plus, once something valuable is gone, all I'd have left is money, which looses purchasing value every year because of inflation. A lot of times that gets spent and I don't know where it went anyway.

Nope, just keep them all. They're mine, all mine!
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    The way I see it none of our stuff is going to go down in value unless they ban gasoline or someone starts commercially pumping out high quality low cost trikes. If you have the space and can afford it, start hoarding!

--
    so I called my atc go to guy for a rear fender for the 185. I should have called when I first got it but didn't for some reason. he's got a rear fender and latch for 30 bucks, I tell him I'm grabbing some other odds and ends. decided to grab a spare 4 lug wheel, a set of 3 lug hubs since I've got a pair of 3 lug wheels. found a usable headlight and a real nice knobby on a 4 lug wheel (why am I buying a spare rim?) anyway the wheel and tire was 30 bucks. As we are walking around i spy a brand new fiberglass rear fender, the holes aren't even drilled. so I make a pile and he says 140 for everything. Okay, pay for the stuff, load the car and ask about any gas tanks. So we start walking around and I find a nice 200s gas tank for 15 bucks and I decide now is the time to leave. well there's a wrecked 185s frame by the front yard. has a harness (just paid 40 on ebay for one) he says for 15 bucks take the whole thing..Even had the grab bar I needed. so 170 bucks, 2 rear fenders, 3 rims, 1 tire, 4 hubs, grab bar, ign. harness with coil and cdi, headlight, and a front brake cable, extra front brake assy and a rear axle assy. jim
    81 185s
    suspended 185s
    85 atc70
    1984 200s
    85 350x 3rd owner
    and a 72 ct70

projects coming along

85 200s
    1982? 185s

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    The way I see it none of our stuff is going to go down in value unless they ban gasoline or someone starts commercially pumping out high quality low cost trikes. If you have the space and can afford it, start hoarding!
    Isn't CA banning gas vehicles in 2030?? Not sure if that means off road vehicles too...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtcrasher View Post
    Isn't CA banning gas vehicles in 2030?? Not sure if that means off road vehicles too...
    That would be the place to do it first, wouldn’t it? Now might be the time to start investing in setting up electric charging stations throughout Glamis.

Shep? pS2?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim mac View Post
    so I called my atc go to guy for a rear fender for the 185. I should have called when I first got it but didn't for some reason. he's got a rear fender and latch for 30 bucks, I tell him I'm grabbing some other odds and ends. decided to grab a spare 4 lug wheel, a set of 3 lug hubs since I've got a pair of 3 lug wheels. found a usable headlight and a real nice knobby on a 4 lug wheel (why am I buying a spare rim?) anyway the wheel and tire was 30 bucks. As we are walking around i spy a brand new fiberglass rear fender, the holes aren't even drilled. so I make a pile and he says 140 for everything. Okay, pay for the stuff, load the car and ask about any gas tanks. So we start walking around and I find a nice 200s gas tank for 15 bucks and I decide now is the time to leave. well there's a wrecked 185s frame by the front yard. has a harness (just paid 40 on ebay for one) he says for 15 bucks take the whole thing..Even had the grab bar I needed. so 170 bucks, 2 rear fenders, 3 rims, 1 tire, 4 hubs, grab bar, ign. harness with coil and cdi, headlight, and a front brake cable, extra front brake assy and a rear axle assy. jim
    That's a good haul for that price

--
    got the fender, seat pan, latch spring, grab bar installed on the beater 185s. going to rinse out the tank and install a new petcock and get the more correct tank on the trike.
    I'm probably heading back to get a spark advance assembly and a muffler. And while I'm there who knows what I might find. jim
    81 185s
    suspended 185s
    85 atc70
    1984 200s
    85 350x 3rd owner
    and a 72 ct70

projects coming along

85 200s
    1982? 185s

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //