//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Oops.. I did it again... They just keep following me home.

patriot1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Looks awesome! Great job! Thank you for the thread!

BarnBoy is offline Just Too Addicted Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Yep, looks great KB. Whats your next project?
    1984 HONDA ATC200M - OG, mid-restoration
    1981 HONDA ATC200 - future build
    1981 HONDA ATC185S - parts
    1984 ATC200X - roller, future build
    1984 Honda ATC250r - in a million pieces- ISO grab bar, PM if you have one

Da velder

--
    Thanks guys...

Next project... Do something to get the wife to let me have another project... LOL... I got four ATC's now, they have overflowed from the shed into the garage. Going to sell my 74 ATC90 though, then i will just have the 200's in the shed. Would still like to have another 250ES some day, but they are crazy prices to try and get one so that might stay a dream for a while.

Depends on the weather but i will probably put the finishing touches on this 82 when i can, surprised how mild this winter has been, snow melted off the driveway and most of the front yard again, running the heater in the garage quickly brings it up to comfy room temps. So i might still be able to get it cleaned and get the new decals on soon. Just got the state registration done on it today, will get a license plate made up for it, and get its city registration then i can ride it anywhere like my others. I have been having too much fun ripping around on the 81 though, need to get some more time on the 82's rebuild and then change the oil again. Fresh clutches and a fresh hone always make the first oil run through it look pretty dirty pretty quickly...

So far though it sounds good, the exhaust is so quiet that i can hear more motor noise then exhaust, not used to that. My other 200's have DG pipes on them, so you really don't hear much motor noise. But everything sounds normal, i think i will have to give the valves another adjustment after some more break-in, they are a little clattery, but i haven't had a 200 that wasn't. Overall i am pleased with it. Keeping an eye on the compression since i had a bad valve i had to clean up, its sitting good there, will see what happens after some run time. I might still revisit it and put on a different top end with a Wiseco piston thats bored over, feels like it's a little under powered compared to my 84 and 81, but maybe thats how the 82's gearing is i don't really know, this is the first 200E i have really had much ride time on, i've flipped a bunch of them but never kept one around long enough to compare.

Still very pleased with the end result and it will be for my wife to putter around on, so it serves that purpose well, it don't need to be a speed demon.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    1984 Honda ATC200ES "Big Red"
    1982 ATC200E "Hondie"
    1988 TRX300FW "Project Quad" Still in progress....

patriot1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Good job. I enjoyed following your build.

--
    I got one more thing done today, thanks to the abnormally warm January weather, at least for MN, i got the heater in the garage running and cleaned off the old decals or what was left of them on the rear fenders and got them installed. Camera kept fogging up on my phone but i did manage a few pictures. Also got the whole hoard out today to warm them up and check fluids and batteries.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021-01-05 14.51.38.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	265890

From left to right... 1974 ATC90, 1981 ATC200, 1982 ATC200E, 1984 ATC200ES

Name:	2021-01-05 14.51.15.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	265891

Name:	2021-01-05 14.51.25.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	265892
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    1984 Honda ATC200ES "Big Red"
    1982 ATC200E "Hondie"
    1988 TRX300FW "Project Quad" Still in progress....

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //