Hey everyone, just purchased a 1985 Honda 250sx a few months ago. Saw it for 900 and just couldnt pass it up. She needs a lot of work but I'm really excited to get it rebuilt and looking her best. Has 1.5' spacers on the rear. Plastics are faded but in good shape.

The bad- I discovered during the oil change that the drain plug is completely stripped out and was just stuffed into the thread housing, so I need to do a heli coil fix. It doesnt leak but needs to be fixed pronto.
-wiring is finnicky and needs to be entirely redone (not looking forward to this)
-Leaking gasket somewhere so the top fins are getting dirty
-plastic gas tank -_- cant currently afford a refurbished metal one
-Leaking front shocks

So far I've fixed-
-the electric start with a new (cheap) starter solonoid which may need to be replaced soon and installed
-the little Red Reverse button and parking brake lever.
-Done a full fluid flush and change
-New differential fill plug

I've purchased, but haven't yet installed quite a few new parts.
New rear black fender flares.
New Seat cover
New front shock seals
New front shock boots
New Spark plug (extra)
New ignition coil and plug wire (shipping now)
and a few other that I'm forgetting.

Even with all these issues, the bike has ran amazing up until now. (see CDI thread) I've just ran it around the yard since having it and will be tearing into it very soon with the latest events.

All in all I'm excited to have one of these bikes again regardless of the fact that they are money pits. I love seeing these things up and running and I am beyond grateful for threewheelerworld.com to be available to all of us, and thank you members who have responded to my first thread. You guys are a big help (from my thread, and all the others that I've read)

Cole

Ps When i find out how to post pictures i will