//ArrowChat Code

Thread: New member from nj

--

New member from nj

My son and I just acquired a 1984 200m basket case with lots of extras. I had an atc 250r back when I was 17. (Almost 30 yrs ago) so I'm no stanger to 3 wheelers. We have a garage full of hondas, mostly fourtrax 300s but also z50's and stuff. But... back to the 200m, the guy we got it from took it apart to restore and never did anything with it. We got a 5 x 8 trailer full of boxes of parts and a taken apart frame. I will have to take pics as I go. The frame is cleaned up and painted and we have one front fork oil changed and assembled. Once its a rolling g chasis we going to clean up the motor and try to start it up.

--
    They can be quite a challenge when you find them like that. I wish you the best.

--
    Here is pic of painted frame and enough parts to make it rolling chasis and get engine started. Were cleaning up wheel and should be rolling by this weekend.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201202_174251.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	265421  

--
    Those carriers and axles in the pic aren't even the nice ones...

--
    That's a good hardtail to have.

If you have a front fender for it, even better. Those aren't available even new aftermarket. Rear fenders are available from Maier.

The rest of the parts are very common on all the later 185/200 series trikes. You'll be able to come up with any missing parts relatively easy.

For a battery, I suggest AGM, so you don't have to worry about acid ruining the frame.

Is that a Dream in the background?
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ATC King View Post

Is that a Dream in the background?
    Actually its a 69 CL90, and there is a zb50 next to the frame but it overwhelmed the visual of the frame so I put cardboard up to not be too distracted. And we do have 1 nice front fender. I have a whole fleet of various hondas that I bought not running or basket cases. And they all run but this one. Lol

--
    Got her almost all back together. Have a few questions... how does the crankcase vent hose run? Right now I have it going towards the handlebars but it doesn't seem to naturally want to go that way. And the negative cable ground to chasis.... I have it on the top motor mount bolt but it seems a little short. I dont have a battery yet. She does start and run, I only buzzed it around the yard. The tank had some holes but i brazed them shut and coated inside of tank with redkote. I drained the oil before I put engine in and after 5 minutes of running that oil is dark and nasty too. I didn't pull clutch cover to clean centrifugal filter on clutch yet but it looks like its going to happen soon. Im going for a longer ride tomarrow to get it into a higher gear than 2nd.

Name:	20201221_171903.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	265588  

--
    Congrats on getting it back to running.

The crankcase vent hose typically runs up and along the upper left, rear frame rail, the one just under the seat.

They don't have any type of filter from the factory, just open hose. If you'd like to use some type of filter, I found that foam aquarium filters work well on in that application and are inexpensive.

Something like these, although you can find them for less: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Large-Overf...oAAOSwwRFe4IBY

That centrifugal filter is always a crapshoot on the first go. I've had some really beat trikes apart where it really didn't need cleaned, and some others that aesthetically didn't look so bad, but obviously had more run time because it did need cleaned. Got to reset the clock to zero, but scraping gaskets to find it didn't really need cleaned is kind of a bummer. Definatley take the right foot pegs off. There's no need in fidgeting with that while trying to get the cover back on, because it comes off in about a minute.

There's a square screen for the oil pump pickup under that cover too. Don't for get to clean that, and they're still available new if you'd just like a fresh one. There's the O-rings to replace as well. I like to look at the parts diagram and get everything I need in hand before even removing the cover. Granted, there's always a chance you'll need something else, but with shipping the way it's been this year, it'd be nice to have the basics covered before starting.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Ok, im familiar with that square screen. Ill clean that while I'm in there. We did take it for a nice ride and I changed the oil again and its looking better. Man ... this thing rides good.... even for a rigid rear. My kid did want to give it up when we took it out for a maiden voyage.

Name:	20201222_150852.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	2.86 MB 
ID:	265596  

--
    Great! Now you have an excuse to find another trike!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 350for350 View Post
    Great! Now you have an excuse to find another trike!
    My wife would kill me. Over the years I have accumulated a few machines. Currently we have
    4 300 4x4's two are for trails and two are for mud
    A 300ex and a 250x
    2 z50's a crf50 and a zb50
    An LT80
    A CL90
    Harley
    Gsxr750
    A Foxbody mustang
    A tacoma and 2 pre tacoma mud trucks
    And everything runs! I like to buy basket cases or broken stuff and fix them up with my son. (14) he always looking for deals, thats how we got this atc.

--
    Meh, 1 more trike isn't going to hurt, lol. Seems like you have the skills and resources to make anything run so the challenge is on!
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool

patriot1 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Buy more trikes and post the builds! Great job!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //