//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Tire machines

--

Tire machines

I am contemplating Purchasing a new tire machine. Not looking to spend 2-3k on a new coats but I do see several machines listed on evilbay in the $12-1500.00 range.

I wont use the machine everyday at all so I dont need an expensive unit as a tire shop would need.

Does anyone have an off brand such as these on ebay?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 75523D30-8888-4F73-BABD-638BB689AD77.jpg   0F34FAF5-9609-4DF0-96AE-35617353925D.jpg  
    R.I.P. John Swinehart
    TRIKEFEST 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    Epic Mikfest 17
    86 200x
    85 250sx
    85 big red
    85 atc 70

Fabiodriven- cereal goes in first, then milk.
    I’ve got an 8” Grip on a 10” turd... Kyle Kiser

--
    I have a couple real old manual types, one with air of hydraulics too.

IDT I'd ever trust one of those, you'd be better off with a used machine from places going out of business...
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Whatever you get, make certain it has air blast to help seat the bead, otherwise you'll need to purchase a separate bead seating tank.

Unless you're planning on high volume, those cheap machines may be just fine. Even the old name brand machines you may find, will likely need some work; O-rings, seals, air lines, that kind of stuff.

Most tire machines get very little care at high volume tire shops. Used and abused. No cleaning and no lube. A lot of it depends on how often they upgrade. If they only replace busted equipment, then that's probably what you'll get.

That general style of machine is very dated, and there's no reason why a foreign company couldn't build them in quantity, with reasonable quality for the home mechanic, or even local small shop.

All these basic automotive services are getting so expensive, while many tools continue to decrease in price, that a home mechanic can realistically afford this stuff now because they'll be able to pay for it with the money they save, in a much shorter amount of time.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    The one thing I can say about the cheaper machines is the arm used for pulling the bead off the rim will flex a lot compared to the name brand ones.
    If its on the internet its got to be true they can't put any lie's on the internet

--
    Even lifts are getting affordable!! I cannot wait to have a lift, must be nice.

But building a bigger shop itself ( >30 x 50), I'm screwed, lumber has 2 to 3X this year, who knows if it will ever retreat... I may have to go with a metal building.

Back to the tire machine, I have been using my Harbor Freight machine for over a decade, I can even do car tires on it and have done a 31 - 10.5 - 15 on there!!

I had to modify it in may ways, with different hole positions for different heights, different collars to hold the rim from spinning, and some bracing, but for the 25$ I paid, she is a gem....
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    I was at the same crossroads as you earlier this year, I even had picked out a off-brand tire machine and had it in my cart. I got very lucky, I found a very nice coats machine for the same money as a new knock off.
    I really think you would be fine with a knock-off brand, but if you can wait til you find a named brand, even used, I think you will be better off. Certainly on the chance you need to resell it some day.

Just my 2 cents
    MrC.
    mrc_builds on YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmw...confirmation=1

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

mrc_builds saves trikes like Jimmy Swaggart saved souls back in the day -said Patriot1

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    I've been looking at NoMar machines. I'm not sure I really need an air/hydraulic type machine for the amount of tires I change......

https://www.nomartirechanger.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

--
    Wow $1,000 to $1500 for a manual machine, no thanks, there nice, but for the same money you can have an air powered machine.
    if nothing else the ease on your back and knees.
    Yesterday I had a flat on my big trailer 16 inch 14 ply tires, aired it up sprayed it with soapy water it was the valve stem leaking, pulled the tire, use my machine to break the bead (on one side, held it there) and inserted a new stem, released the clamp and aired it up with a bounce.
    That repair alone saved me 2 trips to town and $25, I have to replace my air pressure sensors on the wheels in my daily driver x4, I will repeat the same process.
    Also what ever machine you find make sure it will clamp down to an 8inch wheel minimum, mine goes down to 6in for lawn mowers and gocarts.
    Not bragging, just examples.
    weigh out the pros and cons. check the reviews from people who have them.
    A used known brand is equal to or better than a new off-brand but both are better than a manual machine.
    Just my 2 sents.
    mrc_builds on YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmw...confirmation=1

My Addiction
    85 200m "Tallahassee"
    84 200x "SouthPort"
    84 200x "Van Halen"
    84 250r "lucky"
    85 250sx "Enterprise"
    85 350x "The Money Pit"
    85 350x Code Red
    86 250r "Unicorn"
    86 trx250r
    88 Lt250r Suzuki

mrc_builds saves trikes like Jimmy Swaggart saved souls back in the day -said Patriot1

Scootertrash is offline Just Too Addicted: Protecting Our Community The day begins with 3WW
    --
    That's all fine and dandy, but where is the machine made?

What brand is your machine?

Are repair parts available?
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Trick the people into thinking they're enacting their own will and you have willing slaves.

Liberalism suspends the intellect of its victims, while at the same time tricking them into believing that they're smarter than everyone else.

If we've done business together, please leave me feedback. Thank You!:

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...t=Scootertrash

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //